Choke

"Simply, everything."

Odin patiently waits on my answer, while I'm inwardly warring with myself to say something to this blood eyed wolf. The longer going without speech, the harder Odin braces his body, his spine straightens, shoulders back. A slight tremor shakes his hands that he now grasps together.

He's holding his own hands.

A decaying silence pollutes the space with my unsaid words back to him. He doesn't look away.

Ancient greens rimmed with blood plead for me to say something, anything.

The very last of the fading light stretches across the wood floors before it's winked away by the night's darkening shadows.

Odin is quick to step into my radius. The heat of him quickly intensifies, searing, sinking into the layering of skin. My body revolts on its own with a tremor of magnitude that shakes my knees and clenches my thighs together. A breathy sound comes out from the base of my throat when his cheek brushes against mine. He inhales, while I exhale out.

"Can you give me everything, Charlie?' Words said quietly against the hollow of my neck, exactly where the Wild has left his mark.

The heat of his breath dampens my skin.

A hand between shoulder blades slides down along the length of spine to rest at the lower arch of my back.

Burning, suffocating desire pushes from within in unbuckled restraint.

Another brush of cheek against cheek. The palm of my hand resting on his shoulder. The shifting of muscles bunching underneath my touch. His nose at my jawline, lips feather against my ear.

A gentle kiss placed on my tender marked flesh. The skin jumps from the contact, so does my heart.

A brief meeting of lips.

"I'm trying, Odin."

"Are you, Charlie?"

"Yes."

"You need to stop lying to yourself, Charlie. You need to figure out what half you want. I want to be that half."

Silence once again soaks up my unsaid words greedily, consumes all sound, so nothing but the dead air is left.

Odin neither smiles or scowls, his face unreadable as he takes a step out of my radius, a shiver passes through me with the loss of his heat.

Opening the door, he walks into the rushing darkness, slowly disappearing into the tree line.

Left with loneliness, dragging my feet to the bedroom. His warmth is forgotten on my skin as I climb into the covers. Putting my head under the covers, nuzzling into the pillow I start to cry.

The night drags on, dark and menacing. Every noise that shuffles or scratches against the house has ears straining for Odin's footsteps. An ache starts to sit heavy in the middle of my chest. A tightness that I have never really felt before, I want to find Odin and apology for not saying anything. I should have said something.

Breakfast is eaten by myself, no signs of Odin as I make it to the Longhouse for training.

The one of two is there, broken leg and all. When it's my turn to fight she gets in line with the rest of the ants. They swarm, I hit them all this time. Each one of them has been left with a reflection of my mercy. They are only battered and bruised, but they still breathe as I walk away with my bruises. But it's the heaviness in my heart that hurts the most; I should have said something to Odin. Or at least try and explain what I feel inside. That there is this pull towards something other than him.