Marked

Thanks, @Ocoee_Rae for putting words on paper!

Raw surging power.

Eyesight burns with hot scarlet fire with their interaction. The Wild within flexing against my sternum. Jealousy travels from the mind into veins sinking into the very marrow of my bones.

The battle drum of my heart is all that can be heard in my ears; it drowns out everything else.

Taut and tense, the muscles contorting, twisting, stretching the fibery sinew of my body. The Wild, biting, forcing, spreading herself from within.

Her sight is singular - she wants the throat that is protected behind a gem of green.

Breathing is coming out heavier, fast, uncontrolled, the tightness of my chest gripping the life out of me. Giving this female a smile with all my teeth showing. Percussion of menacing sound vibrates out from a chest that is expanding outward. The crows scatter taking flight except for a pair of giant Ravens that start to croak low in their throats to each other.

Sinister low-hanging grey clouds are swirling, vortexing around the Longhouse.

Standing to my full height, staring at this female. Who is she and how come she can make Odin laugh out loud?

Odin is quick to step into my radius, picking me up against him. His mouth to my neck, a tongue gliding across the mark his Wild made.

Electric convulsions are pulsing down my spine, tingling my toes that are off the ground. A gasp of breath escapes out a loosening chest.

"Only you, Charlie." He says it loud and clear - a statement made in front of all these females.

Direct eye contact with the one who wears the color of Odin's eyes on her neck. The mark of the Far North so thin and delicate scars her face, making her look like a forbidden in a beautiful way.

"Who is she?" Seething, hot angry breath hits against Odin's cheek.

"She's one of the three assigned to me."

"I don't like her. I don't like she is wearing the color of your eyes on her neck." Saying it towards the female instead of at Odin. This female keeps her head raised high. A growl of direct threat rushes up and out a throat that is thirsty for blood, her blood.

Odin's cheek brushes against mine, "she's not my half."

"Then tell me why is she standing there acting like it?" Screaming the words out, the females take a step back.

"Charlie, she's our assigned breeder that's why she wears the collar around her neck." Untangling myself from him. The word breeder brings a physical pain to my gut as if I've just been punched.

"Our breeder? What have you not told me, Odin." Taking a step away from him. He tries to reach out, but I won't let him touch me.

"The Old Ways dictate if the Luna doesn't go into heat within a year of the Claiming Ceremony, the Luna is deemed, Barren. A breeder will be used after that year." Odin's voice falters, and so do I.

"So if I don't go into my heat within a year after the Claiming Ceremony you will use her?" Flash of teeth her way again.

"It's what has been done in the past. We don't have to worry about that because you've had a heat already. You're not Barren." Odin's hands are a deliberate motion of heat that sinks into the layering of my flesh. He once again pulls me into him, nose against my skin, inhaling. His body is shaking, quivering fine motor tremors overtake his usually composted exterior.