Chapter 1

"It may not mean nothin' to y'all
But understand, nothin' was done for me
So I don't plan on stoppin' at all
I want this sh*t forever, mane, ever, mane, ever, mane
I'm shuttin' sh*t down in the mall
And tellin' every girl she the one for me
And I ain't even plannin' to call
I want this sh*t forever, mane, ever, mane, ever, mane."
Drake ft. Kanye West, Lil Wayne & Eminem "Forever"

August

"What kind of devil is this?" I grumbled as I tried to block out the noise and snuggle under the warmth of the covers. There has been someone knocking nonstop, disturbing my sleep. I would have thought that by me ignoring them, they would have gotten the hint that I didn't want to be bothered. I doubt that it's a housekeeper. It has to be Chris.

Last night, I came straight to my hotel room after dinner. I was knocked out as soon as my head hit the pillow. I'm currently at my last stop: Atlanta.

For the past few months, I've been traveling all over to promote my new album that finally dropped a few days ago. Man, doing promo through club hostings, surprise guest appearances at concerts, and interviews is not easy especially with these bloggers trying to create unnecessary beefs.

All this traveling has allowed to explore new places and eat some good food, but I haven't been able to get comfortable anywhere. I'm just ready to get back home, so I can be in my comfortable bed. When I finally have a break, I need to go on a vacation so I can properly rest and unplug. I could go to NOLA to see my family. There's no place like hone.

I finally decided to yank the covers off my body, almost throwing them on the ground. I winced a little as I turned my head toward the window. The blinds were wide open and the light was shining so brightly in my face. I rose up from the bed and walked slowly to the door, trying to stretch.

"August, come open the door! You got a chick in there or something? I bet she's ugly. You don't know how to pick them." This man is out of his damn mind. He woke me up from my dream about Regina Hall and is still talking crap. I was so close to taking her home. 

I snatched the door open to reveal Chris with his fist in the air as he was about to knock on the door again. I was busy snarling at him, while he had a goofy smile. I rolled my eyes and walked away into the kitchen to brew some fresh coffee.

"Good morning to you too. You're acting like I just killed your dog."

"You woke me up. What are you doing here so early anyway?"

"I had to check on you. Michael said you didn't pick up his calls."

"I shot him a quick text that I would talk to him later."

"Okay. Anyway, you should be turning up right now!" His skinny *ss jumped on top of the island with a big *ss grin on his face and did the moonwalk. If he falls, I'm not going to say a word. I'll leave him there to lick his wounds.

"For what? Did I win the lottery?" I don't have time for his games. He stopped jubilating and looked at me like I was stupid. All I did was ask a question.

"Your album is #2 on iTunes right now! It's also projected to debut in the top five on Billboard 200. Why aren't you excited?"

"What are you talking about? Stop messing with my emotions like I'm Karrueche. You know how I've been dreaming of something like that to happen to me since I got started. I prayed for Top 10 and I made it to #2? That would be crazy." I shook my head.