Chapter 48

"I wish that I could take a journey through your mind, alright
And find emotions that you always try to hide babe, oh
I do believe that there's a love you wanna share, oh, oh
I'll take good care of you, lady, have no fear, oh
So I wanna know."
Joe "I Wanna Know"

Ashanti

"We're going to find a park where you can run around, okay?" I reassured Reese. We were waiting for the elevator to go down to the lobby. A complimentary Tesla came with the room, so I'm taking advantage of it. I've been to some of the main attractions like the zoo, the aquarium, and Wynwood. No wonder people love coming to Miami for vacation. I mean, most people only come here for the palm trees, shopping, and sandy beaches.

I enjoy the sightseeing.

I need to find somewhere to eat because the hotel's restaurants are a little too pricey for me.

The elevator doors opened and I noticed someone already standing there with his head down, but I know who it is.

Lamont.

I entered quietly

I entered quietly. I should say hello so it doesn't seem like I'm rude, but I don't want him recognizing me. It always feel weird when you're in an elevator with a stranger, especially when you're standing in front of them. He or she could be examining you from top to bottom or can attack you from behind. I stood in a corner across from him.

Reese wanted to get down from my arms so badly. Ever since I introduced him to an elevator, it has become one of his favorite spots. I don't know if it's the feeling of the elevator moving or how nice they usually look. I can't do stairs anyway; it's easy going down, but it's hard going up those steps.

He loves to walk around even if he can't stand up straight sometimes. Reese approached Lamont's shoes and started smelling him. Oh my gosh.

Lamont looked up from his phone with a smile on his face and his grin got even bigger when he saw me.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't Ms. Honey herself. I thought that I would never see you again."

"I guess you got what you wanted." I shrugged. I mean, what else do you want me to say?

"I sure did. This must be your baby." He commented, petting him a little while Reese licked his hand.

"Yes, he is. My little Reese." I picked him up as the elevator stopped again for another person to get on.

"My little sister has a yorkie too, but his name is Rosco."