Neu Roses

Dominique

It was the end of sixth period, and everyone was standing by the door waiting for the bell to ring, so they can start their weekend. "How do you like it here so far?" Iris asks.

"It's pretty chill," I say as the bell rings. "The teachers are hella laid back, and y'all have hella school spirit."

Iris laughed, "You gotta love that husky pride." We walked up to our group, who were at our usual meet up place.

"Hey Iris." Dominic puts his arm around Her shoulder. I could tell he was starting to catch feelings for her, but he wouldn't admit to it just yet.

I left them alone and started talking to Quan, Will, Daijon, Mo."Are we going to the game tonight?"Quan asked.

"I'm not sure if I wanna go." Mo said. Will looked at her, "You gotta go. You can't leave Papi hanging." He gave her a wink.

She tried her hardest not to smile, but we could all see right through her. "I'll tell you if I change my mind." They had been low key talking for awhile, and are getting closer to making things official.

"Aye look at all of my sons!" Melo yelled as he walked up with Hansen. "Hey babe." He kisses me, and pulls me into him.

"Are you planning on going to the game?" I look up to him. "Um I was-"

"You already know we gotta show up for the hoes!" Hansen cuts him off, "Melo that girl in third period was hella feeling you."

I back away from him, "Oh she was?" Melo gave Hansen a dirty look. "Dom chill," Hansen tries to cover up his last comment.

"You know we gotta show fans love." He says. "First of all," I scoff, "Those are melo's fans who are trying to use you to get to him."

Hansen was cool and all, but he claims that he has "fans" but in all reality if it wasn't for melo, no one would know who he was.

"I'll see y'all later." I say goodbye to them, and walk to my car.

"Babe wait!" Melo runs up to my window. I get in my car starting it up, "Dom I wasn't flirting with that girl, and I'm not going to the game to go see her."

"Wait, you're going to the game?" He looked at me confused, "Yeah. Is there a problem?"

"No, everything is fine."I shake my head,"Have fun with your friends."

"Bro why you trippin?"

I sigh before speaking," For almost two months you've been going out and not spending anytime with me."

He stares at me, turning his lost expression into a smile, "Awe my baby girl misses her alone time with daddy."

"Shut up melo."I try to stop myself from grinning too hard. He was right, I do miss having alone time with him. Before we were both cheating.

"I already told the guys I was going, but when I get back," He lowers his voice, "I'm gonna be all in them cheeks."

I shake my head laughing, "Whatever Lamelo." I begin to back out of the parking spot. "Be ready for me!" He yells as I drive off.

This boy is a trip

••••••

I was at home, bored as ever. My dumbass should have went to the game, but I wasn't feeling it. I was watching snaps of the game, it seemed fun, but football games weren't for me.

Sure being with friends was fun, but they were so long and boring. Plus the kids at my old school didn't know how to act, so there was always fights,people throwing stuff or other nonsense going on.

I was looking through stories, and I seen everyone but Daijon at the game.

You didn't go to the game?

Daijon🦁
Nah I'm making music

Sounds fun

Daijon🦁
It is. Come over

Go I peak my head into my parents' room, "Can I go out?"

"Where?" My mom asks.

"To Daijon's house." My dad starts paying attention at the mention of a boy's name. "Why do you wanna go?"

"Daijon didn't go to the game either and he invited me over to watch him in the studio."

"I guess you can go." My dad says, "Thanks!" I go back into my room to change. I put on some clothes, tell my parents bye and leave.

••••••

"This is where the magic happens." Daijon shows me the studio he had in his house. "What are you working on?" I sit on a rollie chair.

"I'm just editing some songs I already recorded." He messes with stuff on the computer. I see a notebook opened, "Can I look through this?"

"Sure." His eyes were glued to the screen so I'm not sure if even saw what I was talking about. The notebook had poems and songs in it. I could tell Daijon wrote them by the handwriting.

"Dom?" I stop looking through the book to see Daijon watching me. "What's up?"

"Why don't we talk anymore?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean like whenever we're with the whole gang, we talk, but we're not like how we use to be." I laugh a little, "Well maybe because you cheated on me."

"I didn't-"

"You didn't want to hurt me, and you didn't mean it. It's whatever now." I cut him off, "But you never said sorry, or explained to me why you were messing with that girl."

He rubs his eyes with a sigh, "I know, and I'm sorry. I just didn't know how to tell you."

"So you thought by not saying anything would make us cool?" Looking back at the day when he cheated made me so mad. I try not to think about it, but the memory pops into my head from time to time.

"Yes and no." He grabs the notebook from my hands, "I wrote it down, because I couldn't tell you." He flips to a page and gives it back to me.

There are times I think about that fateful day
I threw your love away
Every time I see that look upon your face
The same one that you made
When your fragile world was crashing down around you
You realized your place
And the darkness that you try so hard to subdue
It causes you to change
But baby, baby, please don't leave me
I know I made a big mistake, don't turn my sunshine to shade
Baby, please don't leave me
I know this is a game we play
You're always taking my breath away

I reread the poem about two more times, remembering the relationship we had. "Daijon this is...I don't know what to say."

"Tell me how you feel."  I get out of my seat and sit on his lap,"I want you." I lean in to kiss him. "This is wrong. What about melo."

"It's complicated." I say as he slowly leans in."Are y'all still together?" My phone started ringing snapping both Daijon and I out of our trance. It was Mo calling so I answered. "What is it Mo?"

"Dom can I kill melo?"

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"He's out here with that hoe Ashely!" I laughed, "Girl I been knew about that."

"Wait what?"

I smile at Daij,"Don't worry, we're so done." I hang up. "We're so done." I mumble grabbing his face for a kiss.

Dom is finally gonna break up with Melo and now she's messing with Daijon again.
Tell me how y'all feel