7

Nicholas was busy signing papers in his office when his father entered.

"Done for the day?" Leon asked leaning back into the chair.

"Almost just a few files to go over" Nicholas said briefly looking up from his file.

"The Reichman party is today. You're going aren't you?" Leon asked starting up the pendulum on Nicholas' desk.

"Yes I am"

"Then take Theora with you" his father suggested. Nicholas stopped writing hearing this he cursed in his head. He should've known Leon's questioning who've lead to this.

"After all you've been married three maybe four months now and you have yet to take her anywhere. I know you're currently too busy to take her on a honeymoon but you can take her here and there to parties and events or maybe dinner once in a while"

"Sure, you're right. I'll take her with me today" Nicholas smiled making sure he sounded like he meant it.

"You know Nicholas somethings you should figure out on your own. I shouldn't have to spell it out for you each and every time on how to take care of your wife"

"Yes father I'll keep that in mind" Nicholas said solemnly. His father nodded and got up.

"Order some flowers and take them with you when you go to pick her up" Leon ordered as he left the room.

Once the door was closed Nicholas punched his desk rattling everything on it. Pinching the bridge of his nose before reaching for the phone he dialled the house number.

"Hello Nicholas Markopoulos residence" Misha's cherry voice sung through the phone

"Misha tell Theora to be ready by seven we're going to a formal business event"

"Really?" Misha squeaked in excitement "I'll tell Theora right away"

"You do that" he said before hanging up.

God did he hate Theora. He hated her innocence, he hated those doe eyes of hers how they looked like a deer in headlights when he got angry. He hated how everytime he was with her something inside of his chest clenched. He hated that for the past freaking three months he couldn't be with another woman because he wasn't able "perform" when with them because she consumed his mind. He hated how Theora crept into his dreams so when he'd wake up in the morning everything was fine and dandy ready for service.

At first he planned on being mean to her calling her names and making her life a living hell somehow but he found he couldn't be with her for long without wanting to woo her or seduce her. So for the past three months he'd been avoiding her. He cursed karma and the universe knowing they were playing against him but he wasn't going to give up that easily. Some how some way he thought he'd remove Theora from his life and everything would be back to normal.

Theora unbeknownst to her husband's feelings towards her was happily FaceTiming her sister figuring out what to wear tonight. Having just taken a shower she was in her bath robe and a towel was wrapped around her head.

"What about the red velvet dress that one is nice?" Carmen suggested

"If the carpet ends up to be red I'll probably blend in with it" Theora said

"Well how about a pretty black dress no one can go wrong with that"

"No I want to wear something that stands out"

"What about the blue dress that one would look sexy on you"

"You mean this one" Theora held it up to show her sister "it's backless don't you think it will be too revealing"

"All the better make Nicholas sweat a bit tonight"

"Really Manny! I need your honest opinion this is a formal business party do you think this is over the top?"

"Try it on at least you'll know better once you've worn it"

"Okay hold on a sec" Theora put the phone down on a shelf and then started wearing the dress "it's on what do you think"

"Whoa! That dress looks bomb on you"

Theora looked it up and down and it did really look good and the best part it didn't seem so revealing when on. It was backless but only slightly and the v neck only showed some cleavage which was absolutely acceptable for a formal event.

Theora was really excited for tonight it would be the first time her and Nicholas went out together. She thought maybe just maybe things would change for the better. Theora really didn't like the idea of disappointing her family and was willing to hold onto the slightest ray of hope just to please them.

"Daydream about Nicholas some other time, you still have your make up and hair left" Carmen's voice came from the phone. Shaking her Theora said a hurried goodbye to Carmen and hung up.

Daydreaming about Nicholas that was absurd she didn't have any feelings for him. They didn't even properly know each other. No she did not have feelings for Nicholas Theora kept repeating in her mind but somehow she doubted her own resolution. Putting her thoughts aside Theora removed the dress and hung it up in the hanger she would wear it after her make up and hair was done. Picking up her robe she realised it was wet and slightly cold, looking around the closet she saw a large Pokemon shirt which wasn't hers but she shrugged and wore it anyway.

Theora had already done her hair and was in the final stages of doing her makeup when Nicholas came home. As she had music blaring on her phone she didn't hear him coming up on the stairs or realised he was at his door while her's was completely open.

Nicholas absentmindedly looked towards Theora's bedroom and the image he saw wasn't one he needed to see right now. Theora wearing just his favourite Pokemon shirt while busily doing her makeup. Theora still hadn't noticed him while in the process of putting on her lashes so Nicholas scurried into his room slamming the door in the process. Theora jumped up at the noise almost blinding herself in the eye with the hairpin she was trying to secure her lashes with. Realising that Nicholas had come home and seen her like this Theora closed her door leaning against it and held her fast beating heart.

"Idiot idiot" she scolded herself while banging the back of her head against the door.