Epilogue Part II

Four years later...

Nicholas had just about had it with them. His mother couldn't figure out how to switch from front facing to the main camera on her phone, his mother in law found the auditorium too hot while his father found it too cold. He thought before he lost it he'd get away from them so he excused himself saying he wanted to go closer to the stage to take pictures. His parents and in laws were becoming more and more like children with each day.

"Please sir take your seat" a young girl stopped him as he made his way towards the stage

"I beg you have mercy on me, don't send me back to sit with them" he pleaded with the young girl

"Fine" she sighed as they both could hear his father in law complaining how bad their seats were loudly "but you still need to take a seat. There's an empty one right over there you can sit their"

"Thank you, you're a life saver" Nicholas said just as the event began and the curtains went up. The Dean of the university started of the event with a very lengthy speech. Nicholas fiddled nervously wishing he could text Theora but knowing her she probably stashed it away in her purse or somewhere else. In today's day and age she was the only one who had difficulty keeping her phone with her it would be either in another room or neatly placed in her purse never in her hand.

After the Dean's speech, they started calling on the graduates one by one. Nicholas tried to spot Theora but she was probably at the back of the line because they were calling people on alphabetically.

Theora was graduating today and Nicholas couldn't be more proud of her especially with all she had to overcome this past year. He had one brave wife he thought himself. After a few minutes, which felt like hours to Nicholas, they called Theora's name.

"Miss Theora Markopolous" the announcer said and soon she emerged in her graduation gown which clearly showed her eight month baby bump.

"That's my princess!" Shouted Demos followed by a few whistles. Nicholas almost forgot about the camera on his hand watching her in awe before realizing it and taking pictures in a frenzy not wanting to miss capturing this moment.

Theora took her degree from the Dean before shaking his hand and then instead of walking off the stage she went up to the announcer whispering something in his ear.

"Oh I'm so very sorry" he apologized "it's actually Mrs. Theora Nicholas Markopolous please give her a round of applause"

The auditorium erupted in applause accompanied with shouts and whistles coming exclusively from his father and father in law.

After that the event the graduating students took some group photos ending the ceremony with the traditional throwing of the caps.

"I did it!" Theora jumped up and down once she reached Nicholas

"I know! I know! Calm down honey" he told her. "All this jumping can't be good for the baby"

"It jumps up and down inside of me all the time" laughed Theora "it's time he got a taste of his own medicine"

"She" Nicholas corrected "and you can't talk about my princess that way"

"Firstly, he or she that's up for discussion" she said entwining her arms around his neck "second I'm the one who endured morning sickness, blowing up into a cow and will be facing labor pains soon too so I can talk to the baby however I want to"

"Sure thing General" he mock saluted her.

"And I'm the only one allowed to take sides" Theora added

"How about we focus on the baby a little later and enjoy your graduation" Nicholas suggested