33

"So why have you gathered all of us on such short notice?" Leon asked getting straight to the point as he took a seat in the living room.

Odelle, Yaiyai, Demos and Fiona were all there too. Theora sat nervously at the other end of the sofa while Nicholas was standing facing everyone.

"Did you two have any part in this fiasco today?" Nicholas asked his parents

"Is that the tone you use with your parents?" Leon countered angrily

"Please answer me father" Nicholas said still holding his gaze with firm determination.

"We feel its time that you two thought seriously about having children and I don't see anything wrong with a visit to the doctors" Leon shrugged

"And you all came to this decision without running it through me or Theora?"

"You're a married couple you should know what is expected from you" Leon retorted "instead we have to push you in the right direction each and every time like with your honeymoon"

"Nicholas you're father is right sometimes it might feel like we're forcing our decisions on you but in the end it's for your own good" Demos chimed in.

"He's not a two year old Demos!! He's a grown man! And to think I'm about to hand over the entire company to him" Leon shouted angrily

"Theora and I don't want kids at the moment!" Nicholas announced to the shock of everyone else.

"Theora is this true?" Fiona asked like her daughter had committed a huge crime.

"Mama, Nicholas and I feel like we need more time having children is a huge decision and something we have to be fully prepared for" Theora said

"Prepared? What do you need to be prepared for you have us for help and we can provide maids, nannies and everything money can get you. It's not like your strapped for cash and need to save up for a family" Yaiyai said angrily

"Theora and I have taken this decision together if you all can't accept it then.." Nicholas said

"Then you'll what?" Challenged Leon

Nicholas wordlessly reached for his pocket taking out his car keys, home keys, credit cards and company cards and placing them on the coffee table in front of Leon. Theora got up in shock not believing what her husband was doing.

"I want full control over my life even if it means leaving the company and starting from scratch"

"And Theora? You plan ruining yourself and on taking her down with you too?" Leon countered

"I won't be able to provide for her like I do now but I promise to keep her happy no matter what" Nicholas answered before turning to Theora "but the decision is all yours if you don't want to go with me I understand"

With tears welling up in her eyes threatening to spill over any second Theora grabbed Nicholas' hand interlocking their fingers.

"Nicholas I'm willing to go wherever you take me but this is our family we can't just cut ties with them"

"I'm just leaving the company Theora not the family. They'll always be a part of our lives"

"But what about your dream Nicky honey?" Odelle said speaking up for the first time capturing her son's face in her hands as tears ran down her cheeks "you worked so hard to become the next CEO. It's all you ever wanted"

"Maybe life has something better in store for me Mama and I might even make you all proud by starting something on my own"

"Nicholas this is a really drastic decision you're making surely we could sort something out" Demos said getting up as well Yaiyai and Fiona also joined him.