9 ☽

"Open up, Adonis!"

Morganna, her tone sharp as ever, triggered that eye roll meant just for her.

Lila, wondering what drama could possibly unfold now, is shoving her copious amounts of cash back into the bottom of her bag.

Adonis had his mouth filled with food from the fridge before he opened the front door in one fluid swing.

"What is it, Morganna?"

She's through the door in the little threshold Adonis allowed for her, squeezing her little body through. She's stopping short in her invasion, with the sight on the couch.

"Uhh, hi," Lila says as the pretty blonde girl stares on with a horrified expression.

Although Adonis just told Lila he couldn't have any girlfriends, this tiny, beautiful woman seemed to be just that. Unsure about the silence and the glares passing back and forth between her host and their new guest, Lila takes to her feet.

Lila grumbles, "I should be going..."

Adonis steps forward to stop Lila from bringing the bag strap over her shoulder.

"No. You are staying here. It's OK." He takes the bag gently, holding it with her as both Adonis and Lila stand linked with the bag between them.

Lila's not fighting him, not saying no, but she's staring up at him in some thought he wishes to devour.

The moment is not lost on Morganna, or anyone capable of reading the painfully obvious. 

Assassins are not supposed to be looking at others like this, especially a human. Assassins were supposed to be helping her and her pack. These legends around this mysterious sub-breed seemed to have no ultimate definition with their rules, which annoyed Morganna further. The fate of her pack rested in the hands of this Assassin. And, now a human was getting in the way of the work Adonis should be doing.

In her heart, she growls, doing all she can to hold back the sound that wants to escape in warning. She feels the flash in her own eyes, casting over a silver glimmer, as the pair holding the gym bag keep their googly stares linked.

As if to remind them both that she's still in the room, Morganna clears her throat with no reservations on her volume.

Adonis breaks, taking the bag entirely when Lila finally releases it.  He introduces,"Lila, this is Morganna. She's my cousin...a very distant one..."

"Cousin. Right." Morganna's face is plastered in an unnatural smile. "Three times removed...or maybe it's four times? I never understood how that all worked."

Morganna extends her hand, taking Lila's with her firm shake.

Since Adonis towers just over six feet, Lila found it odd that the girl over a foot shorter than him with no resembling features held the same blood. Their eyes, her skin, her hair, all light except for her bold dark eyebrows. Whereas Adonis, polarizes her appearance entirely. Morganna, although petite and non-threatening in all her stature, gave off the vibe that she meant business. Especially, with that knuckle-cracking handshake.

Her studded, spiked, and incredibly expensive leather jacket should have overwhelmed her appearance, but her bold eyebrows and sharp light eyes carried her rebellious look. Ripped jeans, black boots, Morganna certainly didn't blend into a crowd. 

She'd fit in well in Vegas...

Though she wasn't sure she liked Morganna, she absolutely loved her style.

"Hi, I'm Lila. Adonis' homeless former patient," Lila replied.

"Oh, I know who you are," Morganna said as she takes her hand back for herself. "The man who saved your life was found murdered this morning. It's why I'm here..."