18 ☽

Author's note: *Mature themes in this chapter involving sexual content. Anyone under the age of 18 should skip this chapter. Reader discretion advised!*

The two words sent Fang into revulsion.

He shook his head furiously, staring at her in disbelief with his mouth ajar. "No, Morganna. I can't do that. I won't, no matter what they told you. I want to help Benjamin but not at that price."

Biting his hand as he spun around, Fang paced the room in an attempt to control his rage. Inside, he also had this burning urge to touch any woman within reach. In this paradox and the lust that started to build that never would have for Morganna, he knew for certain, they'd poisoned him to feel such a way.

Morganna watched, then tried to approach her very distant relative.  A man that she never had a crush on, nor would ever have a crush on, considering their relation.

However, she needed to save her mate's life. Benjamin, was the wolf she loved. The wolf that if something happened to him, she'd die of a broken heart. Her lifeline tied to his own. In this distance, in all this time they spent apart, it was a chain that couldn't be broken. She felt him in every part of her. Surely, as he felt her now.

"Please, Adonis. I need you to. Maybe they'll let us go if we just do what they--"

Fang whipped around shouting, "They'll never let us go!!! We're just property to them!!! We're all going to die anyway! In the ring, by their hand, by overdose, by whim! They don't give a shit!"

Morganna staggered as Adonis furiously grabbed her arms and pushed her back, continuing to yell at her and hurt her under his strong grip till her back met the cool wall.

"If you think they'll keep any promises, then you're never going to survive! We're just their dogs, their fucking puppets in this little game of theirs!" He then threw her down on the bed, where she stared up at him with wide eyes accompanied by a trembling lower lip.

"We're nothing." He stared down at her, frozen and lifeless, outside of that fire in his dark stare.

After several moments of her erratic breathing, Morganna reached up to him and placed her palm against his rigid abdomen. Looking up at Adonis, the once boy she used to push in the mud and tease as a child, Morganna no longer recognized him. He's gone, checked out, completely feral. It reminded her of Benjamin with his raw intensity, an aura that instantly attracted her to Benjamin when he arrived in Paris.

With Adonis, she knew that she was going to get what she wanted to save her love. She could smell Adonis' lust. An unnatural one dripping with chemicals, but it's there nonetheless.

She'd just have to close her eyes and pretend. So, when she closed her lids and unwanted tears spilled their tarnished trail of the night, she relinquished control to this rogue and the protector of her kind.

He dropped down his jeans and freed what had tormented him for weeks.

He's lost to his fantasies and reality around him no longer exists. This is just another dream, one caught up in a living nightmare.

Neither spoke, just did what was on the forefront of their minds in undressing.

Completely detached from their inner selves, one is driven by false hormones as the other is driven by her need to protect themselves and her mate.

With an uncaring hand he spread her before him, thrusting into her in one swift motion as he started to sate Fang's needs.

Morganna screamed out from the pain, holding onto the posts of the bed as he thrust into her mercilessly.

She tried to meet his gaze and plead with him to take it easier, yet she smelled the degree of his lust, of his rage.

The Adonis she once knew was no longer there, a part of her feared that, whilst another part of her was relieved. It made it easier for her to just think of Benjamin as she clutched her eyes shut and a single tear tread the path of the others shed before.

It happened once, then countless times after that over the next week.

Morganna ached and Adonis, no longer existed as they shared this room.

He's robotic, an animal and nothing more. He wouldn't speak to her, wouldn't make a sound but the grunts of his lust in the minutes he spent inside of her.

Different strange vampires that worked for the Vasiles came and went. They continue to poison them, feed them, and drive them further into madness.

No word of Benjamin. No word from the Vasiles on their own fate.

Truly, there was no happily ever after in sight.

//Author's note: I know that was rough, guys. Please hit the vote button to ensure they get that happily ever after and are able to overcome this!

//Soundtrack song: "Lithium" Evanescence