Seventy Four

There was something wrong with Camila.

She didn't know what but she knew she wasn't normal. She felt different. She could feel anger bubbling within her at all times and she didn't know why.

It wasn't too bad to start with, just occasionally snapping at Lauren or rolling her eyes at Dinah's jokes.

She could feel it getting worse and she knew she was being irrational but she couldn't stop herself. Even when she saw Lauren's face flash with hurt of Dinah's face drop with disappointment.

There was definitely something wrong with her.

And even now, as Lauren fussed over her, she couldn't help but feel annoyed at all the unnecessary care.

In hindsight, she probably should have just told her that. She should have told her everything about how she felt and how she was sure her anxiety was going to swallow her whole and that she would die.

But she didn't.

She chose to snap instead.

"Will you just leave me alone?" She yanked her arm away that Lauren was trying to examine. The older girl's hands immediately dropped by her sides.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to be annoying," She apologised.

"Well you were. I don't need to be coddled," Camila muttered, crossing her arms.

"Yeah you're right," Lauren agreed quickly because if she'd learned anything in the past few days, it was that arguing didn't make things better.

"Then stop doing it then," Camila huffed.

"I just want to make sure you're okay," Lauren blinked a few times because normally it didn't last this long and she didn't know that what she'd done was so bad.

"I don't need you to check up on me constantly Lauren!" Camila exclaimed frustratedly, "I don't need you always questioning me all the time. I'm not your fucking hostage anymore, I can do what I like."

The words hit Lauren like bricks and she suddenly felt sick because she didn't know that Camila felt like that. She thought they were okay and maybe she was naive but she thought that they could still last.

"Sorry. I was just trying to help," She found herself apologising again, her words mumbled slightly.

"I wouldn't need your help if it wasn't for your dad. It's your fault this even happened in the first place," The words had left her mouth before she'd even had time to process them and then tears were brimming Lauren's eyes, the usual emerald green orbs even brighter as they became glassy.

Shit, it had never made her cry before.

And it made Camila felt like the biggest fucking asshole in the entire world.

"No, wait, Lauren. I never meant it," She rushed, reaching out to grab the older girl's arm as she went to run upstairs.

Lauren pulled away with ease, making her way to the bedroom. Camila followed quickly, catching her arm at the top of the stairs and holding on for dear life.

"Lauren, please. I'm sorry, I never meant it. I swear, I never meant it," She pleaded desperately, wrapping her fingers around Lauren's wrist.

The older girl never responded and Camila squeezed her hand.

"I swear to god Lo, I'm so so sorry. I never meant any of it," She told her and Lauren turned around quickly, so sudden Camila was sure she'd given herself whiplash.