Chapter 7

I was pacing in my dressing room filled with nerves. 

"Amazing," Cinna breathed, praising his work. 

"I don't feel amazing."

"Don't you know how beautiful you look?" I mean, technically one would say I did look beautiful. The dress he made a was stunning red orange color. It was very form fitting, showed off my hour-glass figure, with a small mermaid flare at the bottom. It was truly breathtaking. 

"I mean not really, and I don't know how to make people like me. How do you make people like you?" I put my hands on my hips.

"Well you made me like you," Cinna stood up.

I adjusted the clothes, "That's different, I wasn't trying."

"Exactly. Just be yourself and I'll be there the whole time. So when your'e talking pretend you're answering me. Okay?" He moved a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"Okay." 

The two of us left the room and I got on line with the other Tributes. I watched the interviews on the TV while I awaited my turn.

"Let's see if she does indeed shine. Let's have a warm round of applause for Glimmer!" Caesar introduced, he shook her hand when she walked on stage, "Glimmer are you prepared?" He asked as they both sat in their seats.

"Yes Caesar I am very prepared," she answered dramatically.

After a few minutes Glimmer's time had come and gone, and Caesar had also given Marvel a send off. Clove came on before Cato. She played it very sweet but bloodthirsty.

Then it was Cato, "It's an honor representing my district." he told Caesar.

"You're a fighter."

"I'm prepared, I'm vicious, I'm ready to go," he responded.

Many other Tributes had their turn, a girl with red hair and a fox-like face came on. I hadn't caught her name, "I find that if I can apply myself to the situation present, I will be able to figure it out," she has a very sly demeanor. That of a fox.

After a few other Tributes, Rue was on stage.

"So you can climb trees. You're pretty quick. And are you a hunter, or a gatherer?" Caesar asked her. I forced myself to look away from the TV, she reminded me so much of Prim. I absolutely hated that they involved little children in this.

After Thresh walked off stage I was escorted backstage where I would await my introduction.

"From District 12. District 12, you know her as The Girl on Fire! But we know her as the lovely Lily Everdeen!" He smiled and I walked onto the stage. There was a lot of people sitting in the audience, but I didn't care. I didn't get stage fright. I faked a smiled and greeted Caesar, we both sat down, "So Lily. That was quite an entrance you made at the Tribute Parade the other day."

I took a second to think about how I would answer this, "Well to be honest I was just hoping I wouldn't burn to death," I joked and there was laughter coming from the audience members.

"When you came out of that chariot, I have to say. My heart stopped. Did any of you experience this as well?" he asked the audience members who all cheered in response. Caesar turned to me again, "My heart stopped."

"So did mine," the audience laughed again.

"So tell me about the flames, are they real?" 

Time to lie and amaze, "Yes." I earned some "oohs" and a few gasps from the audience. I looked around the audience and found Cinna who gave me a nod, "In fact I'm wearing them today. Would you like to see?" The audience cheered but Caesar looked at me slightly nervous.