End Of The World As We Know It

Scarlett's POV

"Are you sure you want to do this, babes? It's risky you know this," Barbara warned.

"Jeremiah is planning to blow up Gotham and he has Bruce. He's my best friend. We need to focus on the element of surprise, because that's the only thing that we have really."

"How will he know if you're really... 'Dead'?"

I smirked. "That's why I am counting on my best friend and her astounding acting skills to pull this off"

She smirked back at me. "I am a pretty great actress aren't I?"
————
Jeremiah's POV

Scarlett's time was up and I needed to know her decision: if she was with me or against me. Well, she's going to be by my side either way. Whether it's willingly or in chains.

I sent one of my men to go take her back since I was on Bruce duty but he came back with a concerned face.

"Where is Scarlett?" I asked him with my hands behind my back as I appeared fully composed.

"Sir... I-I went to Barbara and t-the sirens a-and"

"Out with it!"

"She's dead"

I laughed at him.

"Very funny. Now what is it? You couldn't find her or?"

"Sir.. I'm sorry"

I frowned.

"Is that what Barbara told you? What a pathetic way to hide her from me" I scoffed but he still had a pale look on his face.

"I saw her body for myself, sir. I took a picture for proof when B-Barbara screamed h-hysterically to l-leave. I'm t-truly sorry sir... Scarlett's gone-"

He was on the floor with a bullet between his eyes before he could finish. I bent down and picked up the picture in his hands and my hand shook as tears formed in my eyes. No... I don't believe this. I whipped out my phone and called Barbara. When she answered, before she could even speak I let her hear me.

"If this is some kind of game you're playing at-"

"You have a lot of nerve calling here after what you did," she sneered but sniffled after a moment of silence. I can see she's still coming down from her hysterical breakdown. "S-she's gone Jeremiah... I found her this morning. I-in the bathtub," she stuttered as she let it another cry. "Why couldn't you just have left her alone?"

I froze. This is becoming less and less of a joke by the second. I gripped the phone harder.

"See, that doesn't make sense to me. Why would she do that when she has everything including being the queen of Gotham?"

"You selfish bastard she loved you! You destroyed her! You were her last hope after Jerome-"

I hung up and threw my phone against the wall and burned the photo in my fireplace.

"Tonight," I yelled out. "Gotham goes up in flames."

I no longer had any reason to care otherwise.
————
Scarlett's POV

Tears were brimming my eyes.

"I think that was a little much, Barb," I sniffed. She nodded.

"I know I'm sorry I didn't think it through well enough"

I nodded and wiped a tear away. "It's okay. Let's just go get ready for tonight"

(Time skip)

"Civilization is so fragile, Bruce." I sighed as I was about to reveal an open wound, but Bruce had to know. "I mean it must be exteremly fragile, if Scarlett couldn't take the heat anymore." I scoffed and Bruce's eyes went wide as he realized what I meant.

"No," he sighed in disbelief as tears built up. "You're lying!" he screamed at me and I shut my eyes.

"I wish I was, Bruce. I wish I was," I sighed as I looked out over Gotham before pulling myself together. "No matter though. With civilization so fragile, Gotham is soon to be every man for himself. They fall, we rise."

"Sounds like fun. Sure you want to leave?" Barbara walked in and I saw Jeremiah. His posture was off and he seemed overall destroyed. It broke me. "Oh hey Bruce. Freak"

"Barbara. I'm really glad you came"

She sighed. "Bad news, baby. For both of you actually."

That was my que.

"She's not leaving and neither am I," I stepped out of hiding and walked up to Barbara's side as my heels clicked on the ground. I didn't even look in J's direction yet. "Gotham's in my blood. And my blood is flowing quite comfortably through my veins."

Then I looked at Jeremiah. He was pissed.

My breathe caught in my throat and I turned my attention back to the scene at hand.

"And I don't think we can let you leave either" Barbara said as she opened the box.
————