Tragedy Struck

Jeremiah's POV

3pm on the dot I stood at the crossroads of the location she gave me and as expected my new phone rang and I answered without hesitation.

"I should always know you're on time," she muttered.

"Disappointed?"

"In you? Yes. But that's an all the time normal. I see purple is your new color, and you're still wearing that tie I gave you. How charming," she said sarcastically and I looked around to see where she was.

"Scarlett, baby, enough of this let's talk. I can explain because I assure you it's not what you think."

"Fine. I'll have my driver come get you. I'm pulling up around the corner now."

Her limo pulled around the corner when all hell broke loose.

Her car exploded. I was thrown back because of the explosion, but right when I regained my senses I looked up to see there was nothing left of that car. The car that Scarlett was in.

"NOOO!!!!" I screamed. I stayed on my knees and watched as the debris scattered throughout the streets and the fire dying out.. My Scarlett. My love. My EVERYTHING!!

I stared at it for hours, not removing myself from my spot on the ground and it was dark now when a man approached me.

"Money. Now," I stayed still. "Are you deaf?! I said-" I threw him to the ground and stabbed him god knows how many times until soon I was covered in his blood and you couldn't recognize him anymore.

A masterpiece. Truly.

How can a king rule without his queen?

I have nothing now... I have nothing to lose.

Gotham will pay.
————-
Scarlett's POV

I watched from a distance as the scene unfolded. It broke my heart to see him so broken, but it was necessary.

In order for us to be safe.
—————-