Together

Scarlett's POV

I went up the opposite steps Bruce went up, knowing I'd be able to sneak up being Jeremiah if he was distracted.

"Jeremiah! This ends, tonight," Bruce stated.

"Oh, Bruce. Now it begins," he laughed as he skipped towards him but I jumped forward and kicked him in the back. He stumbled forward and turned to see me. He growled.

"You need to stop faking death it's really getting on my nerves," he stated and I smirked.

"Good."

They began fighting and Bruce had the upper hand for awhile before Jeremiah hit the ground.

"Do you feel it? The connection between us? " Bruce punched him again. "You do, don't you?" He continuously punched him. "Bruce, tell me you feel it?"

He pulled him close. "You mean nothing to me, and honestly Scarlett deserves better," Jeremiah head butts him and they both stand a few feet apart from each other.

"Why don't you understand?" Bruce tried to hit him again but this time Jeremiah had the upper hand. He pushed him against the railing, but Bruce motioned for me not to. "You need me! Im the answer to your life's questions. Without me you're just a joke!" He paused. "Without a punchline."

I pulled Jeremiah off of him and pushed him against the railing. One move and he goes over.

"Scarlett, sweetheart. Think about Xander. Think about us." I pretended to think and look vulnerable.

"Why did you hurt me? You continue to hurt me but you say you love me... why do you lie to me?!" I yelled with tears spilling out of my eyes rolling down my cheeks.

"All I ever wanted was you and this city and I have it. I can't lose you, please understand that. We are in this together"

I looked down and loosened my hold on him a little.

"You're right," I said and he sighed. "We are in this together." I looked to Bruce. "I'm sorry." He looked confused and I looked back to see a smile on Jeremiah's face. He thinks he's won.

"We're in this together," I assured him, caressing his cheek and kissed him on the lips. "You and me, baby," I smirked darkly and he looked confused before I threw us over the railing.

"No!" Bruce yelled. Jeremiah fell into the chemicals but Bruce caught me last second. Tears fell from my eyes and I could hardly see.

"Take care of Xander for me, please."

"No, Scarlett stay with me please. If not for me than for Xander. For Jim. For all those who love you please I'm begging you, Scar don't do this."

I smiled weakly at him.

"You're strong, Bruce."

"Not if I loose you"

I could feel myself losing consciousness and my hold loosened.

"Scarlett! No!"

Everything went black.
————-
Cliffhanger👀👀
Word count- 470