The Past

Mikes P.O.V.

The ride to the mall was intensively awkward in a comfortable way, the sound that I love when coming into is constant far way talks, the smell of pretzel, along with loud smoothies being mixed and pizza filling the air as you make you walk in. I looked around and saw Victoria's secret first I turn and gave a look to Jess only see her backing up about to make a run for it. I'm crazily fond of finding the most uncomfortable places that don't seem to not be embarrassing.

I grabbed her by the hand and drag her in.

"No no no no I'm fine I have enough undergarments thanks," she says as she tries to get out my tight hold "girl come on, you have like 5 pairs of bras and like 10 things of panties. plus I think it's time for you to feel sexy without people knowing it. It can boost your confidence a bit" she looks up at me in horror "let's go bunny bae" I pick her up and walk us in. Right, when we get in the door stares are all on us mostly women of course.

 I roll my eyes and put her down to her feet. Then I pull her to the back when in the stores we always start from the sides or the back they have better things that look good.

"Don't make me do this Mick, this is just too embarrassing, look basically everyone in here is on the skinnier side is in this store, skinny people only " she starts to whine but I ignored her. "Alright, see anything that interests you?" she stomps her feet and walks around to the other side of the area

 "No, there is nothing spiking my liking. can we please leave?"

"Ugh, you are just so stubborn sometimes... fine I'll pick them out then"

I roll my eyes. I find some light blue, maroon, powder looking purple and light chocolate colored pairs of bras and panties to match. There was lace, silk, and cotton when I got done picking them out there was like four of everything. I handed them to her and then shoved her into one of the fitting room locking it on my way in.

"They won't fit Mike you don't know my size so let us just leave!" she gets all snarky and pushes them back in my arms. I shake my head and look at her with a smirk, I lean down to her ear and say what her numbers making her freeze in time and send me a modified glare my way. So after a bit of time, she gives up and shows me the pieces and they fit just fine on her. 

"They fit you nice, wanna get them" 

"I didn't bring that kind of money with me if we gonna be buying a whole lot of things we can just turn back around and leave out this place," she says walking away from me. I roll my eyes at her stubbornness and grab her by the back pocket and twirl her to me.

"Today is your birthday you are the drama queen when it comes to me so I'm gonna pay-" 

"No no no no no no, I said before I don't want anything that means parties, presents, money and anything else that people get on their birthday I don't want none of that cause all that can lead to some kind of big drama that I don't wanna be part of. I know I would like that kind of things but not this year I don't want them. I just wanna stay in eat food without being judged and watch tv is that too much to ask" she says in a sympathetic way.

"All in hearing is blah blah blah blah blah besides I want to show off the best person that is close to me and I have a surprise waiting later on tonight" I pay and we are going to the next store "UHGGG-"I turn to Jess to see her bright eyes turn scared, a hint of shame in it I haven't seen that facial since...him
searching for what she looking for and see what it was.

Jess P.O.V 

U-um how should this, Ahh yes I literally lost all the blood that was in my body. Brent Monroe aka my exboyfriend here's why we not together last year I asked him out yes I did that it's 2018 get over it any way he said yes then after 3 months he stopped texting me, ignored my calls. He started to hit me then cut my skin I was so afraid to break up with him then one warm day he took me out for a day to remember we were outside of town and during the entire car ride, we got into this big argument over someone looking at me. He pulled over and made me get out, I was angry/my legs hurt, it started to get dark I called Mike and told him everything he was so pissed that the next day he went to his house and gave him a tornado full of black and blues.