72

*Jayon's POV*

Hours went by since I had gotten back home. After I picked up Jasmine's gifts I went back to my grandma's house to give her the sunflower seeds she had wanted. I kissed her goodbye again before I made my way back to my house to decorate for her party and she told me she would see me later.

Now was later. I seen a lot of family members pull up, but less from when they were pulling up for the Fourth of July. That was because most of our family still lived in California. There was really only a small percentage that  lived in Nevada with us, and that was the percent that came to her birthday.

Music had been playing and there were little kids all around our living room with cupcake frosting smeared all over their faces. Jasmine had been sitting on the couch, fake smiling to our aunts and older cousins. I'm sure she was just waiting for them to leave around 5 so that she could start getting ready for the REAL party she had been planning with her friends, and some secret crush she had been talking about.

My mother was in the kitchen gossiping to one of our aunts about how long it took her to get ready for the party. She was exaggerating though because it actually didn't take her that long. I did most of the work. The only thing she had to do was make home made things like chicken wings. I even picked up her cake. I didn't know the flavor of it though.

I sat back on the couch, sighing. It had just hit 4:00. I was annoyed at the fact that I had to spend my day watching a bunch of teenagers till midnight while my mom did nothing but sleep. I could have been out, doing big things on this fine Thursday.

But then I realized it was my sisters birthday and I knew she wanted me to be here with her. She loved the gifts I had got her; ate 2 of them as soon as I put them in her hands.

"Jayon," she calls out to me. "I'm so ready for this to be over. I love my family but these little kids are too much,"

"Our cousins?" I grinned.

"Shut up. I cant even enjoy myself,"

"Well you got an hour left of family, why don't you just chill in your room till they leave?"

"I know some of them aren't leaving at 5 on the dot, which sucks because I have a lot to do for tonight," she told me. She had clearly ignored my suggestion for her.

I roll my eyes. "You're gonna be fine,"

"Jasmine! Come give auntie a hug, I got work later so I gotta get a couple hours of sleep," one our aunt says. She had gotten up from the couch while her children ran around it. Thank God they were leaving, they didn't know how to sit down for shit.

Jasmine glances at me before getting up, walking to her with another fake smile on her face. "Thanks for coming Auntie," she said, leaning over to give her a hug. "My pleasure. Happy Birthday babes, and don't open my card till I leave," she smirked. "It's from me and your cousins,"

"Yay," Jasmine cheered. It almost made me laugh at how fake she was.

"Love you," she said to her. "Come on Tatelyn and Brennan, lets go. Y'all played enough,"

They stopped, making their way towards the door slowly. Our other little cousins waved to them, and within seconds they were gone.

"Okay everybody, time to cut the cake," my mom half yelled. Me and Jasmine walked to the kitchen, sitting on the stools quickly. Everyone started walking towards us, glaring at Jasmine the whole time.

My mom brought out the lighter and lit the "14" candles that had been on the cake. It had a picture of Jasmine on it from when she was a little girl. It made her smile looking at it, and everyone continued to compliment the cake saying how pretty and adorable she looked on it. Jasmine loved the attention, and she loved every time people would gather around her to say Happy Birthday, no matter what mood she was in.

"I'm ready," she told us, making all of us laugh. It amused me how she acted sometimes.

"Okay guys," my mom started. "1, 2, 3..."

*Dj's POV*

My mom had made it home about an hour after me and Deon had separated Amber and Adrian to lecture them on how they should have been acting towards each other.

She had also brung me the same phone I had before. I was still happy though, because I definitely needed a phone. It just annoyed me how she was still been making me take Deon, while also having to stay with him at the party.

Amber and Adrian hadn't talked to each other since the incident. I wasn't surprised though, because they always did this.

We didn't let my mother know there was ever an issue between them, but after she heard Amber throwing up in our toilet, she began suspecting what we never wanted her too. So now here we all were, sitting in the living room of my house getting questioned by her.

She still didn't know Amber was pregnant, and we were trying our best to keep it from her.

"You seen her throw up once mom," I told her. "People throw up all the time. She just ate some bad food earlier,"

"That's true but I know a pregnancy when I see one. Are you forgetting I'm a mother Dj? I know motherly vibes,"

"Mom this is just weird. You've been questioning all of us for almost an hour now. What does this have to do with me and Adrian?" Deon asked.

"Adrian is Amber's brother, he knows the truth and so do you Deon! You're as nosy as you can be,"

They both shrug. They weren't gonna reveal that Amber was pregnant because they knew me or Amber didn't want them too.

"I'm fine Ms. Johnson seriously, I'm not pregnant," Amber had said for the 10,000th time.

"Since none of you will cough up the truth I'm just gonna do what I should have already done. Simply call your mother," she said, glaring at Adrian and Amber while reaching towards her purse.

Adrian grabs it almost instantly. He was the closest one to it.

"Adrian what the..."

"She's pregnant Ms.Johnson," he told her, making all of us sigh in anger.

"I knew it," she said.

"But not because I want to be," Amber told her. "I'm not like that Ms.J I promise. You know me,"

"Amber I understand. I just wish you would have told me,"

"Adrian why would you even-" I start but Amber cuts me off. "She had to know Dj, it's over,"

Adrian looks at me. "This was gonna take all day if one of us didn't confess. She said she understood so what's the big deal?"

"Thanks for understanding," Amber smiled at my mom. My mom walked towards her, giving her a hug.

"I know me and you haven't always seen eye to eye but I want you to know that for THIS, I'm on your side," she told her, making me smile. It was good to see them hugging. That never happened. I always did have an understanding mother though, I don't know why I just didn't tell her in the first place. She knew exactly how this happened to Amber, and she knew it wasn't her fault.