10. The Date

It was the first kiss for both of them and it was everything that they had expected. Their relationship was blooming and they were slowly falling in love. The idea of a family did not scare Amit anymore and he was evolving into a responsible man. Amit wanted to become financially independent before getting married and so he was hesitant at first but after meeting Mansi he decided to divulge into it. His job was good although it was pretty hectic. Mansi was waiting for her joining date to come so she was home alone all day and Amit hated that he couldn't be with her. They had set a new routine where Amit took Mansi out for a drive every evening after coming back from office. 

Amit and Mansi had also not gone on their honeymoon yet. The reason was Mansi's college and placements. Now, Amit had just started working and it wouldn't be a good impression to go on a holiday so soon. As it is, his work was really consuming. Amit used to leave for office at ten in the morning every day but he had no fixed time to return as his client was US based and to coordinate with the client team sometimes he had to work till the early hours of the morning.

It was one of those Saturday when Amit was free. He had been glued to the TV since they had gotten up and Mansi was getting frustrated due to the lack of attention. He is too busy during the weekdays, at least he could spend today with her!

Frustrated, she gets up and goes to the bedroom. A beautifully wrapped box awaited her. She picks it up and smiles while unwrapping it. Inside it is a note which says,

Dress up, honey! Let's go on an adventure!

She turns around to find Amit standing at the door, smirking. She runs up to him and gives him a small peck on his cheek. It was still new for them so both blush at this cute little gesture. 

"Where are we going?" Mansi asks to kill the awkwardness.

"It's a surprise, I won't tell you but I will tell you this that you better wear comfortable shoes." Amit winks and walks away.

Excited, Mansi rushes to get dressed in a pair of denim shorts and a loose fit shirt, tucking it in the shorts. She pairs the outfit with white sneakers and dons a cap, pulling her hair up in a ponytail. She doesn't apply any makeup and goes all-natural but she looked as radiant as ever. The glow of love.

Amit was already ready in a collared t-shirt and a pair of bermuda shorts. On seeing Mansi, he couldn't help but look at her slender legs. Her skin shone in the late spring sunlight. She seemed to be emitting the light. Breaking out of his trance, Amit leads the way to the car and they were on their way. All throughout the journey, Mansi keeps on nagging Amit to tell her where he was taking her but he doesn't tell.

There was a lot of traffic but they soon arrive at Worlds of Wonder Amusement Park. Mansi lets out a gasp of excitement and rushes to the gate as soon as the car stops. It was good that Amit had bought the tickets beforehand as there was a huge line outside the ticketing booths. Amit chuckled on seeing his wife act out and followed her. 

They went on almost all the rides and it seemed that both were living some childhood dream. Time seemed to fly and soon it was getting dark. They both were exhausted and hungry so they went to the food court and ordered themselves some food and drinks. They chatted effortlessly about which was their favourite ride, which ride did they hate, etc. When the food came, they went quiet as they were busy stuffing their faces.

After eating, they took a walk around where Amit bought her a cotton candy and they clicked some pictures but both of them were too tired to stay put so they decided to call it a day and went to their car. The ride back was quiet but the silence wasn't awkward, it was comfortable. Mansi was controlling the radio and she settled upon a channel that was playing soothing melodies. 

Due to heavy traffic, they reached later than expected and directly retired to bed. As Mansi lay on Amit's chest, the last thought that occurred to her was that 'This right here is Perfect.' She didn't know that a storm was coming to disrupt her peaceful life.

*************

VOTE TO SHOW SUPPORT