Right Here

His eyes opened and he dreaded everything. Just as he had predicted, he was back to his own cruel and merciless world. He was standing next to the rude man at the car wash. The man continued to yell at him like before.

He looked at the man and with all the courage he could conjure, "I'm sorry." He choked up, his voice cracking and more tears falling from his already wet cheeks.

"Good, are you the manager?" The man yelled, looking behind the boy.

He turned his head and standing behind him was none other than his grandmother. That evil look in her once gorgeous blue eyes, that messy bun she made out of her beautiful long blonde hair, that angry sneer that formed on her pretty full lips. He remembered it all. She walked closer to him, hand rested on her hips.

"You useless piece of shit!" She hollered. "You can't even do one simple job without fucking up! Why are you even still living?!"

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry." He said repeatedly, body trembling greatly. His hands clenched to the sponge so tightly he could feel it begin to rip little by little.

She stood in front of him, only centimetres away and raised her hand high, he knew what was coming. He shut his eyes as her hand cane contact with him left cheek and at the moment...

"Ah!" He screamed and his head sprung up from the pillow, hair drenched from sweat and stinking to his forehead, his breathing uneven and body shaking.

He looked around, still panting and now confused when he noticed that he was back in the room from what he thought to be his dream.

"It's okay, I'm right here." He heard the man's soothing voice. He turned to his right and saw him sitting on the bed. Had been holding on to his hand tightly. "Don't worry, just breathe okay?" He cupped his left cheek. "You were just having a bad dream." He reassured.

"B-bad...dream?" The boy repeated.

He nodded. "It's all over now."

His breathing began to even a little more. His tears fell from his eyes again, wetting the man's hands. He hugged the man and just let himself cry in his chest. That had to be the first time he had ever felt so many emotion all at once. He tighten his arms around the man and let all of it go. He didn't know why but he felt safe where he was, it was a new feeling and he never wanted it to ever disappear.

The embrace went on for about five minutes before he lifted his head from the man's chest and looked up at him. The man smiled and slightly brushed his thump on his cheeks to wipe the tears away. "How are you feeling?" The man asked.

"I'm fine." He replied. His eyes travelled down to the man's chest, his nice white shirt was covered with tears and snot. "I...I'm sorry." He apologised, feeling ashamed of itself.

The man followed his eyes and once he saw his shirt, he chuckled. "Don't worry about that. All that matters right now is to make sure you're okay." He said. "Now," He he started. "Why don't you tell me your name." He said to him.

"A-Aaron." He replied shyly.

"What a cute name!" He cooed. "So how old are you?"

"Eighteen."

"Wow, you're big. What school do you go to?"

He was about to answer but stopped himself. He finished high school but couldn't afford to attend college. What if the man thought he was stupid? What if he thought that he wasn't educated and was nothing but a waste of time?

He fidgeted with his fingers and thought thoroughly. "If you don't want to say that's okay. You don't have to push yourself." The man said kindly.