My Story

Aaron arrived a few hours later and drove Alan back home. "You guys seem to be getting along well." Simon said as he placed a plate of brownies on the coffee table.

"Mhm. He's not as  bad as I thought." Aaron said and reached out to grab one of the brownies.

Simon went around and sat down next to Aaron. The boy was sitting on the floor and leaning his body back against the sofa. "I'm curious about something." He started, grabbing the tv remote and shutting the television off.

"W-whats that?" Aaron asked, feeling a bit uneasy for some reason.

"It's been lingering on my mind for quite a while now and I couldn't find the right moment to ask since I was afraid of how you'd react." He paused and looked at Aaron, a serious look partaking his features. "Well...how do I start this. Ever since I met you, you've constantly had these intense nightmares. And I just wanted to know if they have anything to do with past experiences. You tend to cry and shake drastically and it's honestly starting to worry me."

Aaron placed the brownie back on the plate and brushed his hands. He had wanted to tell Simon everything. This was the perfect time to open up since he'd learned about Simon's past too.

"Well...all I can say is that, I was born as an unwanted child. My mom had me at a young age and her parents wanted nothing to do with me. My grandmother and the rest of her kids didn't really like and treated me badly and would um..." he choked on his words as tears fell from his eyes. All the traumatising experiences flew back into his mind, every little thing came back. All the words they said to him, all the beatings and lashing and sneering—it all smashed him like a heavy meteorite.

"I'm sorry, I really shouldn't have asked." Simon felt horrible for even bringing the topic up. He pulled Aaron close and ran his hand up and down his back to soothe him. "It's okay. It's all over now. You're safe with me okay?" He whispered softly, using his other hand to wipe the tears off Aaron's stained cheeks.

"Sy... I love you." Aaron said and cuddled closer into the man's chest.

"I love you too...Ari." Simon said back.

Hearing the nickname being used made Aaron's cheeks beam. "Ari love daddy much more." He whispered.

Simon was taken aback  a bit. He smiled to himself, kissing the top of Aaron's head. "Daddy loves Ari a billion times more."

They stayed there for a little while before Simon noticed how cold Aaron's arm was getting. I guess it made since, Aaron was wearing a white tank top and Simon always liked the thermostat at a low temperature. "What do you say we head to bed." He suggested.

"B-but Ari want cuddle more." Aaron lifted his head from Simon's chest and said.

"We can cuddle in daddy's room." He implored.

"Alright then." Aaron flashed a smile. "Daddy uppie?" He reached his hands out to him.

Simon wanted to die from the cuteness before him. He picked Aaron up, one hand under his legs and the other supporting his back in a bridal style way. Aaron placed his hands on Simons shoulders to support himself and leaned his head against the older mans chest as they made their way to his bedroom.

Simon set him down after pulling the duvets off to the side. "Wanna change into your pjs?" He asked.

"Okie!" He smiled up at him.

Simon left the room and came back a minute or so after with Aaron's sleep wear. He let the boy quickly slip into them before getting into his own and laying down next to him.

"Are you ready to sleep now?" Simon turned his body so he was facing Aaron.

"Not really, Ari just wanna cuddle with daddy." Aaron replied and wrapped his arms and legs around Simon.