Your Name

"Up."

"Hotel Transylvania!"

"Up!"

"Hotel—"

"Enough!" Simon shouted across the room.

The two looked over at the man who sat on the sofa while reading a book. "I'm the youngest here! I want Hotel Transylvania!" Maxi yelled, hands rested on her hips with her bottom lip stick out.

"Little kids should watch cute and adorable movies like Up!" Aaron protested.

Alexa had dropped Maxi off at Aaron's place. She and her husband were going have a talk about the whole divorce stuff and she asked if Maxi can stay over at Simons place.

It was a Saturday, Simon didn't have work so he was pretty much babysitting them. After lunch, they decided to watch a movie and that's when an argument about which one to watch came up.

"Ari, why not let Max watch a movie she likes. She is our guest." Simon said to him and Maxi nodded in agreement.

Aaron looked down at her and hesitantly handed the remote over to her. "Here you go." He said forcefully.

At that moment, the doorbell rang more than a thousand times at once. "Who in the world...?" Simon questioned and placed his book on the coffee table, walking over to the door.

"I'm here to play!" Alan's voice boomed the moment Simon opened the door.

Alan skipped over into the house and Nathan just shook his head. "Hey." He looked up at Simon and said.

"You could've told me you were coming over." Simon gave him an irritated glare.

"Sorry. I have to head out. I have a lot of grading to do and very little time." Nathan apologised.

He worked as a first grade teacher. That's how he met Alan. Alan's nephew attended the school he taught at and one afternoon during parent teacher day, Alan showed up.

"It's cool man. At this point I might as well start a daycare." Simon said in a very passive aggressive tone and glanced into the living room.

"Max?" Nathan raised an eyebrow.

The girl heard her name being called and looked over at the door. "Mr Teacher!" She exclaimed cheekily and ran over to Simon and Nathan.

"You know her?" Simon questioned.

"Yeah, she's one of my best students." Nathan said, crouching down to Maxi's height. "Hey kiddo, why are you here?" He asked.

"I came to play with Aaron." She replied.

"Wow, how's your dad?"

"He's okay. He and mommy are on a date so I have to stay here." She said with a smile.

"That's great. I still haven't met your mom. Will she be at the student of the year celebration?"

"I don't know. I'll ask." She replied and smiled up at him.

"Well, I hope you have a nice day. I'll be heading out now." Nathan said to her and ruffled her hair before standing up straight. "Bye then." He waved to Simon and exited the house.

Maxi slipped back to the living room where the boy's were and sat on the carpet next to them. "We're still watching Hotel Transylvania." She said and grabbed the remote.

"Yay! I love that movie!" Alan exclaimed, clapping his hands cheerfully.

Aaron glared at him but stayed quiet, cursing him in his mind. "See, two against one!" Maxi smiled widely.