Incident 2: The Escape

It was the first time Everly was experiencing such a supernatural phenomena. She was confused and surprised at the same time. She wondered whether she was dreaming or something but this world felt too real to be a dream. She felt freaked out.

She cursed at the car driver from her world. Why did he have to hit her of all the people? Look what happened!

(╯‵□′)╯(┻━┻

She felt like scolding somebody.

A large growl came from a distance making her jerk and come out of her thoughts. She looked here and there and all around her was an endless span of tall trees. The atmosphere suddenly became eerie and quiet.

Everly had a feeling that something bad would happen if she stayed in the same place for long. After her car accident, she decided to pay close attention to her gut feelings.

A sudden cold breeze made her shiver. She looked up at the Sun- I mean the Suns, which were about to set. For some reason, spending the night in this forest didn't seem like a pleasant idea to her. She made up her mind. Her first objective was to look for shelter. Some warm place where she could spend a night comfortable and away from this creepy forest.

(ー' ́ー)

Everly headed deeper into the forest. She was walking in a totally random direction and left it on her luck, whether she finds a place or not. After walking a few miles, the trees around her became denser and the little amount of sunlight left was blocked by the large purple leaves of the trees.

Insects kept buzzing in her ears. She also heard some weird slithering noises in the bushes. There were some things roaming near her but Everly didn't have enough courage to find out what they were.

As they say, Ignorance is bliss...

Everly had a good memory. She tried to cheer herself up by playing Beethoven's five symphonies in her mind, hoping that it might bring her some good luck.

She saw the last speck of sunlight sinking into the horizons and finally the night fell. She could faintly make out her next few steps due to the dim glow of the tree leaves. The moon was nowhere to be seen in the sky. Everly felt annoyed at the darkness.

Great, I now no longer can see what animal will cause my to-be death.

(╯‵□′)╯(┻━┻

She felt like Snow White. Just like her, Everly was stranded in the middle of a creepy forest. But this wasn't a fairy tail and she might actually die. Again. Everly had already prepared herself for the worst.

She suddenly reached a clearing in the forest. She was facing the bottom of a huge cliff. The wide mouth of a cave was in front of her. She wondered whether it was safe to stay in a cave because usually it is occupied by some wild animal or something.

She carefully closed in on the cave. Just as she was about to enter it, a low growl reached her ears. She stiffened and caught sight of two glowing eyes staring hungrily at her from inside the cave.

Σ(°△°|||)

Her breathe got hitched in her throat and she slowly walked back out.

Hehe...this place looks occupied. I should leave.

╮(╯▽╰)╭

She was about to turn around when the animal jumped out from the cave and stood in front of her. There was a distance of a few meters but Everly could clearly make out what the animal looked like.

It was a giant wolf. At least thrice as large as the ones back in her previous life. It had bloodshot eyes, similar to the blood red colour of its fur. The wolf had long spiky teeth that protruded out of the mouth and it's claws were bigger than Everly's whole arm!

Just as Everly was thinking whether she could actually wrestle a wolf, she heard a few more howls and six more wolves came out of the cave.

Σ(っ°Д°;)っ

The thought of wrestling came tumbling down and Everly decided that she should just run. After looking at the predator look in their eyes, she believed that the wolves have already seen her as food.

So she ran like a shrew and insane person as if her life depended on it. Which it did. Everly knew very well that she can not outrun the wolves but it was better then standing in front of them like a meat doll. That way, even a miracle wouldn't be able to save her.

She searched her memory for any survival video she had seen which showed ways to get rid of wolves chasing you. While she was racking her brain, a sudden gushing sound caught her attention. Instinctively, she ran in the direction of the sound.

She reached a rushing body of water. The current was fast and it was impossible to cross by swimming. She tried to look for something that could act as a bridge. Luckily, a tree was already placed across the river for people to cross.

Everly felt very emotional after seeing the tree and blessed whoever put it there, in her heart. She hurriedly crosses the river and pushed the tree into the water so that the wolves would not be able to come to her side. Seeing the tree sink into the water and carried by the current, it was like seeing her anxiety and panic being taken away.

The wolves stopped near the river and as expected, they did not cross. Seeing that, relief finally washed down on her. She sank to the ground and tried to catch her breathe. She was huffing and wheezing badly. The same would happen if an unfit person were told to run like Usain Bolt.

The wolves at the other side growled in anger. When Everly heard them, she looked up indignantly. She stood up and gave them a mocking look.

"What now eh? You think you all are so scary? Come across this river and try eating me now! Ha! Stupid wolves! To think I thought wolves were cool in the past. Never again!"

(#‵′)凸

If the wolves could speak, they would probably be cursing at her right now.

After that, Everly sat back down and enjoyed the view of the fast flowing river.

Escaping death feels wonderful!