Incident 3: Encounter [2in1]

Leaving the wolves behind, Everly continued to walk through the forest. Because the wolf experience had left her traumatised, she was being more careful this time. When she passed by a cave, she would take a detour and if she heard any shuffling noises from the bushes, she would run with all her might.

At last, the trees around her became sparse and there was more foot space for her to walk in. The further she walked, the more silent it became. At one point, all the noises disappeared as if there were no animals nearby at all. She was surprised at the sudden silence.

Being used to of the weirdness of the world, she didn't think much into it and continued walking. She entered another clearing but this time, there was no cliff but a row of fences were placed in front of her.

Fences meant that someone lived there!

(⊙ o ⊙)

Everly felt a flicker of hope in her heart. It would be best if she finds a living person nearby as she didn't want to stay in the forest a minute longer. She walked up to the fences and lightly touched them. She felt an ominous force around her hand. The feeling came for a second only before vanishing completely. She poked the fences with a confused look.

Such a weird fence this is...

The fence was only half as tall as her and didn't have any protection value at all. Any wild animal could easily jump over it. The fences just seemed like a marker for the person's territory.

Who would be stupid enough to put such useless fences here? Even I can easily jump over them!

She climbed over the fences and entered the grounds. It was a wide stretch of land and at a distance, she could faintly make out a house.

She felt a sense of euphoria after seeing the house.

Shelter I'm coming!

She quickened her pace towards the house.

A house in the middle of a forest? It is such a dangerous place, who could have built a house here? I wonder what sort of people live in it...

This sudden thought made her stop walking. She had almost reached the house. On a close up look, it didn't look like a house at all. It was more like a huge mansion. It hadn't seemed so big from the fence!

(๑ŐдŐ)b

The manor was tall and looked grand. Its black walls made it almost invisible in the night. Everly suddenly had a pessimistic thought in her mind. This house gave her a feeling that someone evil lives there. She wondered whether she should go inside or not.

While she was weighing her options, a pair of eyes were looking at her from a window, high up on the house. In the darkness, the pair of bright blue eyes were as deep as the ocean. They gave off a dangerous vibe as they looked at the small figure of Everly on the ground.

"Interesting..." The man smirked and merged into the darkness. Everly felt a stare and looked up. She was second too late or otherwise she would have seen a silhouette in the window looking at her.

She shrugged off the feeling and decided that she should just take the risk. She walked up the steps and knocked on the large door of the manor. Nobody came so she used the faint knocker. As the knocker hit the door, it gave off a loud sound which made Everly jump in fright.