Chapter 8

Ezri POV

Jasmine and I have been texting for a few weeks now. She's a completely different person when we're texting. At work she's still a bitch, but when we text she sweet and funny. No one in the office knows we're even friends now, which is a little weird. I don't mind telling people, but I feel like Jasmine wants to keep it a secret. Truth is, I'm starting to kind of like her. I wonder if she'd be willing to go on a date with me? I guess the only way to find out is to ask her.

**Text conversation**
Ezri: Hey Jasmine

Jasmine: Hey what's going on?

Ezri: Nothing much. Um... Can I ask you a question?

Jasmine: Yeah, go ahead

Ezri: Would you be willing to go on a date with me this weekend?

Jasmine: Idk.. you know I'm still dealing with the ex thing

Ezri: I know, I know. Ok it doesn't have to be a date. Just think about it as going out with a friend. If you don't like it, we never have to do it again.

Jasmine: Fair enough, ok

Ezri: 🙂 ok. This Saturday? I'll pick you up at 7. Text me your address

That was simple enough- Ezri thinks to herself as she locks her iPhone and puts it down.

-----------------------------------------------------------
*Date Night- 7 pm*

Ezri arrives at Jasmine's house on time. She rings the doorbell and waits for Jasmine to answer.

Jasmine opens the door

Ezri: Wow girl, you look nice!

Jasmine: Thank you. Come in

Ezri walks into Jasmine's house.

Jasmine: Have a seat. Anywhere.

Ezri searches for a seat as she looks around Jasmine's house. It was much more sophisticated than Julia's house. There were paintings on the wall and a fireplace in the living room.

Ezri finds a seat and sits down.

Jasmine: So what are we doing tonight?

Ezri: I don't have anything planned.

Jasmine looks at Ezri like wtf

Ezri: I'm just kidding girl, calm down. You're always so tense. I was thinking dinner and a movie?

Jasmine: Ok I can do that.

Ezri: You seem really stressed tonight. Are you ok? We don't have to go out of you don't want to.

Jasmine: No, I want to. It's just been a long time.

Ezri: Ok then. You're going to have fun, I promise. If you don't I will personally delete my number out of your phone for wasting your time.

Jasmine laughs

"There we go. That's the laugh I wanted to hear. Let's go"
-------------------------------------------------------------

Dinner goes great. Jasmine is starting to loosen up and enjoy the night. Now they are on their way to the movie theater.

They get in and they are standing in line waiting to pay for the tickets.

Ezri looks up at the screen to see what is playing.

"We're going to see a scary movie, ok?"

Jasmine gives her the wtf look again

Ezri laughs. "Calm down. I'm joking. I know you hate scary movies"

"How do you know that? I've never told you that"