26) I Feel You Girl

"Jaz, this is Maria, the former Second of House Crimson," Wolfie introduced me to a girl that's around my age, maybe a little younger. She looked at me with stunning blue eyes and a smile that made something churn in me.

Dang, that's a pretty good smile considering all the gooshy feelings that are flying around in my stomach.

She laughed and turned to Wolfie, "Oh, the one from the pack mom and dad are pissed at you for getting involved with?"

Ah, mom and dad. That explains why the smile did things to me. It matches her brother's.

He rolled his eyes and shook his head, "Everyone needs to stop thinking they can have an opinion on these things."

Ooh, tea.

  "I'm the alpha now. Not dad, not mom, definitely not you. I call the shots."

  Oh, this poor, lost little boy.

  His sister rolled her eyes. "Whatever stupid."

  I snorted.

  I like this girl.

  He shot her a look and "discreetly" motioned to me.

  'Not in front of her,' he growled with his eyes.

  Yes he growled with his eyes. I guess werewolves can do that.

  She rolled hers again.

  Wolfie huffed angrily, "You need to stop doing that. Go and do. . . Something. I don't even care, just get away from anywhere you can put things into this one's head." He nudged a thumb my way.

  Oh yeah, because I already hold you to the highest respect.

  "Or vise-versa," I heard him mumble under his breath.

  Ha.

  "Can't. Mom and dad told me to make sure you don't do anything stupid," she smiled.

  I laughed out loud at that.

  "Well it's not what mom and dad say. It's what I say."

  I shook my head, "Wolfie, you've got it all backwards."

  "Ha! Wolfie?" His sister chortled.

  "I know right," I smiled.

  "Anyway," I continued, "That's not how it works."

  He furrowed his brows at me.

  "It's always what mom and dad say. Whatever they say goes," I told him.

  "But I'm —"

  "The Alpha now. We know," I rolled my eyes. "But you're also an idiot, and a literal fetus compared to your parents."

  "So are you!"

  "No kidding! That's why I listen to those older and wiser than me."

  . . . When I feel like it. . .

  "You act like you know everything," he glared at me.

  "I do," I agreed, nodding, "But that's beside the point."

  His sister chuckled again.

  "I also know I'm a total idiot and need guidance from the people who have been in the same position before. But of course that sort of reasoning involves logic and common sense. Two things you seem to be seriously lacking," I rolled my eyes.