8

The next morning I woke up to the sound of knocking on my bedroom door. Groaning in exhaustion I opened the door to spot a grinning Jessica. "Wake up sleepy head, we're leaving in 30 minutes, I invited Kim, Charlie, and Sasha and I think Charlie invited James," she told me causing me to roll my eyes.

"Why Charlie?" I asked annoyingly.

"Because he's kind of in the group and also he's sweet to you," she laughed knowing how I feel about Charlie and his annoying habits.

"He's such a frat guy though," I rolled my eyes thinking about the first time we met him. He shotgun four beers in hopes to impress us, then he ended up getting too drunk since he won the beer bong challenge before and he barfed all over a random girls dress. It was funny though.

I shut the door and rushed to get ready, even though it never takes me long anyway. I through on a pair of black high waisted jeans, a white crop top, and white converse. I then sat down at my vanity and started putting on light makeup containing only mascara. I didn't want to overload on makeup, especially if I'm going to be riding rides and eating funnel cakes.

Before heading out I decided to check my phone and lay on my bed for a few more minutes. The time read 12:48pm, I have never slept so long in my life, but then again I don't think I've ever stayed up until 2am either. The time wasn't even the thing that shocked me the most it was the two text messages that I received while I was sleeping.

3:00am Wes: Are you up?

10:00am Wes: Are you up yet?

I ignored it, I didn't have time to deal with him today. And maybe Jess is right, maybe I should give Charlie a chance. He's nice. Annoying. But nice. And he's not as mysterious and closed off as Wes. Today could be a trial run for Charlie.

Annoyed by the messages, I grabbed my purse and walked into the living room where everyone was already sitting. "Well took you long enough," Jess laughed.

Charlie drove us all to the fair grounds, he said that his mom lenses him her Yukon for the day so that we wouldn't have to drive separately. The car ride was fun, we belted out songs playing on the radio and laughed when Sasha sung off key. It relaxed me a lot to hang out with friends. It's been a while since we've all hung out together.

Once we got into the fair we immediately headed for the rides. The lines weren't too long yet, they usually get longer as the day goes on, and we were taking full advantage of short lines.

I've always loved the fair, the beautiful flashing lights, the different types of music playing in different parts of the park, the children laughing with their inflatable hammers, and just the enjoyment on everyone's faces. The weather always seems to be most ideal during the fair also, the crisp chill in the air, but not cold enough to wear a jacket. However, the best part about the fair is the lifted weight of your shoulders, there's that relief of stress and it makes you feel like you're on top of the world, maybe that's the adrenaline or maybe it's the contentment, but it's the most amazing feeling.

As we waiting in a short line to ride another roller coaster I got another buzz from my phone. Not thinking much of it, I decided to see who it was. Big mistake.

Wes: there's no way you're still asleep. Why are you ignoring me?

I hugged and shoved my phone back in my pocket. What does he mean why am I ignoring him? Are guys really that clueless or am I overreacting? Either way, I am going to enjoy myself today.

Once we got onto the ride, Charlie sat in the seat beside me, like he has all day. I didn't really mind as much, he was actually being less annoying today, probably because he's actually sober at the moment. "Don't scream like a little girl like you have been all day, okay?" Charlie jokes as the fair worker came by making sure our seats were secure.