31

Your dad killed my son the man shouted as he charged me with a knife.

The man flares back at me with his lifeless eyes with blood pouring out of his forehead.

He killed my wife he shouted as he pinned me into the door.

I woke up in a cold sweat as my nightmares took my mind captive. Rocky jumped on my bed licking my face an attempt to comfort me.

I followed the smell of breakfast as I headed downstairs. Everyone sat at the table drinking orange juice when I came in, except Wes. "Breakfast," David asked flipping a pancake and failed as it hit the floor. "Shit thats the third one," he groaned as Rocky ate it off the floor.

I chuckled, "No thank you I'm good. Where's Wes?" I asked leaning on the counter watching Luke and Matt argue over which x box game to play.

"He left early this morning, something tells me that something went wrong with the plan," I was confused when he said plan since I was unaware of anything happening. It mad me angry knowing that Wes still continued to hid important information from me. Is it because he doesn't think I can handle it, because I thought I proved myself when I hit a guy in the head with a bottle of vodka. "He left me in charge," he told me sticking his tongue out.

"Somehow I don't believe that," I laughed sliding the pancake mix in his direction.

"Well believe it."

"Well since you're in charge can I ask a huge favor," I begged giving him the puppy dog eyes.

"No. No favors. Wes May fall for that cute face of yours but not me," he groaned, but after glancing back at my face he turned to me, "What do you want?"

"I want to go back to my apartment. Just for a little bit to grab a few things and to speak with a friend. I'll bring Rocky, it worked last time remember," I told him reminding him of the time I snuck out with Rocky and he covered for me.

He thought for a second and sighed, "Fine, but if Wes finds out, I had nothing to do with it," I nodded my head as I agreed with him. Then I zipped my mouth shut and threw away the key, indicating that I won't say anything.

"Thank you," I whispered as I headed up stairs to get ready.

I threw on a pair of light blue ripped jeans, a Guns N' Roses t shirt, and a pair of black doc martens. "Come on, Rocky," I called as I put a leash on him and scratched his head.

We walked all the way back to my apartment, many heads were turned when they saw me alongside Rocky. I guess I don't look like someone who would have a large bull mastiff. I chuckled to myself as we walked up the steps and into my apartment. "This is my home, well kind of. Maybe," I told him as he sniffed the apartment.

Just as I was about to walk into my bedroom Jess came running out, "Oh my gosh, Hey," she smiled as she ran to give me a hug. "I've missed you so much," then she turned to look at Rocky who sat patiently beside me. "Um, who's dog is that?"

"Jess this is Rocky, he is the sweetest. I may have stolen him from Wes' house today," I chuckled as she bent over to pet him. She cooed repeating who's a good boy over and over.

"So how is it over there," she asked referring to staying at his house for the last week and a half. She sat at on the couch and I followed wanting to speak to her. I wanted to tell her every thing, but I couldn't. I wouldn't want to bring her into this world anyways, she has way too many hopes and dreams for me to tell her the world she lives in is a lie.

"It's good," I lied, not fully lied, but shits been hitting the fan lately. I pulled my legs up onto the couch to sit criss-cross as I looked at her.