22

A few days later

"How was Georgia," Jess shouted cheerfully as I struggled to walk through the door with my luggage. "You have to tell me everything!"I threw my bags on the ground and hugged her, who knew I would miss my best friend so much. "Did Wes behave?"

"Surprisingly he did," I chuckled following her to the couch. "We had so much fun, he was sweet the entire time," I said blushing while thinking about what happened the other night. "We may have slept together too." Her eyes bulged out of her head and she gasped trying to figure out if she had heard me correctly.

Still trying to figure what to say, she blurted out a question in her typical Jess fashion, "Was he good?" I couldn't help but laugh at her question even though she was being serious. I nodded, causing her to clap. "That's so good. I'm happy for you." We chatted for awhile about her Thanksgiving with her family. Her family lives in New York only about 20 minutes away, so she was thankful that she didn't have to stay in the same house with them for a week.

Once I got annoyed with my bags scattered around the front door, I carried them into my room and started unpacking until I received a text message from Wes.

Wes: hey, I know that we're supposed to hang out tonight, but things came up with work. I'll have to take a rain check. Sorry. I'll make it up to you though, I promise!

I let out a puff of air and threw my phone on the bed. We didn't have big plans other than going back to his place to watch a movie, but I've gotten so used to seeing him all day, and it feels weird to be without him. I wondered to myself if that was a good or bad thing, it was good that I'm not always angry at him, but I also have never been the co-dependent type. And that frightens me.

The rest of the day I just watched mindless television that I constantly drifted in and out of sleep. Jess knocked on my door a few times begging for me to go to a party with her, but I kindly refused. I was having too much fun just lounging around eating popcorn and catching up on sleep, and the last time I went out was an absolute disaster that I'm still trying to recover from.

I ended up making myself toaster waffles for dinner, because I was too lazy to actually cook myself a decent meal. Taking a bite of it I realized how much I already missed my moms home cooked meals, however I still can't deny the great taste in an ego.

around 11 pm I wondered what Wes was doing. I'm sure he had a load of things to catch up on at work due to the fact that he's been hanging out with me for a while but I wonder what that consisted of, maybe paperwork? I chuckled at the image of Wes working through paperwork. Do tattoo shops do paperwork? Maybe bills and stuff.

Ring ring

My phone vibrated from the bed side table, I figured it was either Wes or Jess, since I don't really talk to anyone else. To my shock it was an unknown number, probably a salesperson.

"Hello?" I answered calmly wondering what was going to be sold to me.

"Tell Wes he can find me at 4389 York Avenue," the man demanded in a deep tone that seemed familiar, yet hard to distinguish.

I stood up from the bed as I fiddled with my hair out of anxiousness, "who is this?"

"You forgot the sound of your own dads voice," he chuckled, but I found nothing funny about this conversation. Why would he call me? Why would he say Wes is looking for him? Many questions ran through my head, mostly questions involving Wes.

"What are you talking about?"

"Talk to Wes." And with that he hung up the phone leaving me in confusion and drowning in unanswered questions.