16

"I hate math," I groaned. "Why does it have to be so hard?"

Ricky chuckled. "It's just a hard unit." I sighed. I packed up my math stuff and started eating. "Can I ask you something, Leia cakes?" I nodded. "Nick's been in a bad mood, do you know why?"

"I think we're fighting." I started picking at my salad. "He hasn't talked to me since Halloween."

"I'm sorry, I know it's hard on you when Nick and you are upset with each other." he brushed my hair behind my ear. I sighed. He turned my chair to face him. "Well then I got another question," he said. I nodded. He grabbed my hand. Our thumbs went back and forth as we started a thumb war. We always did this whenever we needed to talk about something serious. "What happened in my bedroom?"

"We were kissing," I started. I tried to focus on the game but he squeezed my hand. "And then he pulled away because he didn't want to go too far with me." He sighed. I pinned down his finger. "And then I got mad because I thought he only wanted to have sex with me."

"He doesn't."

"And then I said I didn't trust him and then he walked away."

He touched my cheek. "I'm sorry." I gave him a small smile. "If it's any consolation, it's been hard on him." I turned back and started eating my food again. "He doesn't do well when he doesn't see or talk to you."

'"I don't think either of us has anything nice to say to each other right now."

"Just give it time."

Luke dropped his tray on the table sitting down at the table. "I have exciting news," he said. He pointed a fry at Ricky. "Lindsay has a crush on you." Ricky shrugged and kept eating. Luke threw the fry at him. Ricky grabbed it and threw it back at him. Luke caught it in his mouth. "Did you not hear me? Lindsay Stevens likes you as in she would willing to have sex with you."

"Dude I don't care."

"How could you not care?" He asked. He made an hourglass shape in the air with his hands. "She's hot."

"Who's hot?" asked Dana, sitting down beside me. Tessa and Nick came up and sat down at the table. "Is it me? Cause I already know that."

"Lindsay Stevens, she has a crush on Ricky."

"And I still don't care," he groaned. Ricky got up and walked out of the cafeteria.

I glared at Luke. "Why do you have to be like that?" I ran after Ricky. I found him in the hallway leaning against the lockers. "Hey Ricky, what's wrong?" he shook his head. "You guys would be so cute together."

"Leia stop."

"I mean if you're just nervous, I can help set you guys up." he turned around. I pulled out my phone from my pocket. "Let me find her number and-"

"I don't like her and I don't like girls," he shouted. I froze. "Shit," he whispered. He ran his hands through his hair. "Shit, here it goes." He grabbed my hands. "Leia I'm gay. I kinda expected it after freshman year. I tried to get with a couple of girls to try to change but I couldn't. I hope this doesn't change how you think about me."

I took my hands away from his. He closed his eyes. I wrapped my arms around him. "I love you, Ricky."

He blew out a breath of relief. He wrapped his arms around my waist tucking his head into my neck. "I love you, Leia."

I leaned back and sat us down. I grabbed his hand. "Why didn't you just tell me?"

"This is a really conservative town. I didn't think you guys would understand."

"Ricky you're one of my best friends. I'd never judge or hate you for being you."

He leaned forward kissing my forehead. "Do me a favor and don't tell anyone? I'm not ready to come out yet."

"I promise," I said. I stood up and reached my hand out to him. He pulled himself up wrapping his arm around my shoulder. We walked into the cafeteria.

Luke looked up and smiled at us. "So Lindsay, are you going to try and get with her?"

"Nah I don't think so. She's not really my type."

"Come on man you blow off every girl, what is your type?"

Ricky ran his hand through his hair nervously. "Back off Luke, he's not a man whore like you." Ricky sat down and I sat on his lap. Ricky wrapped his arms around my waist. "And anyways, didn't you want to get with her?"

Luke threw a fry at me. "That was last year. I'm into someone else now." I grabbed it and threw it back at him. Nick was glaring at Ricky. Luke hit Nick's shoulder. "You could get with her."

"No."

"Didn't y'all do it freshman year anyways?" Asked Luke. "Was she any good?"

"Yeah," he whispered looking at me. "But I'm done with that shit."

"Look Lindsay is a nice girl but I'm interested in someone else right now."

"Who?" asked Luke.

"Don't worry about it."

"Afuera, necesitamos hablar," said Nick standing up. Ricky nodded and picked me up, setting me on the chair. They both walked out of the cafeteria.

"Luke, will you make sure they don't go fight?" I asked. He nodded. He stood up and ran out to find them. A few minutes later the three of them walked out. Ricky sat down and grabbed a napkin putting it to his bloody nose. "What the hell Nick?"

"Don't lecture me, Leia. I already apologized." he grabbed his phone before walking away.

I turned to Ricky. "Don't be mad at him. I told him to, he needed to get his anger out." he wiped the blood up. "He promised to make it right so just give him some time."
***********************************************************************************************
Happy pride month everyone! (This honestly just happened to be the chapter it landed on, so happy coincidence!)
Hello everyone! First I just want to say thank you for reading. So if you are one of my readers who come by every weekend to read my story, I'd appreciate it if you took a second to click the vote button. I can't see who my readers are but I can see who my voters are so please drop it a vote when you read it the story!