38

"I got it," I yelled running down the stairs after hearing the doorbell ring. "It's Nick picking me up for our date." mom was already at the door when I got to the bottom of the stairs. "Oh, you beat me."

"I was in the kitchen so I beat you," she chuckled. "You look nice, sweetheart."

"Thanks," I said as I twirled around. Showing off my dark pink lace dress. "Nick said to get dressed up."

"Oh speaking of Nick." she opened the door.

Nick stepped inside. He had on a pair of khakis, a black button up shirt, and his necklace with the different pendants; one for me, one for his mom and one for Lindsay. "Damn you both look hot." I slapped his arm. He smiled, stepping to me. He wrapped one of his arms around my waist and pulled me to him. "You look beautiful, corazón." I smiled as he pecked my lips. "And miss Mabel, you look really nice. Is Edward taking you out?"

"Thank you baby and yes he's picking me up for dinner."

"And you're taking me to dinner?" i asked wrapping my arms around his neck.

He kissed my cheek. "I told you that it's a surprise so please shut up." I pouted. He pecked my lips. He ran his hands up and down my arms. "Are you ready to go?"

"I just have to go put on my heels."

"Put on some flats."

"Am i too dressed up? Do you want me to change?"

"No, I think you look great." i raised my eyebrow. He squeezed my arms. "Just wear flats okay?"

I nodded. "Okay, I'll be right back."

I walked upstairs. I looked through my closet for a pair of black shiny flats. I walked back downstairs to see mom and Edward hugging. "Do you mind if i talk to Luke and Leia before we go?"

"Of course," she said. She grabbed the small bouquet of lilies from him and grabbed Nick's arm. "Nick and I'll go put the flowers in a vase."

"Luke's upstairs, follow me." Edward nodded and we walked upstairs.

I knocked on his door. "Come in." We walked inside his room. He sat up from his laying down position. "Hey, guys what's up?"

"I wanted to talk to you guys," said Edward. "Can we sit?" Luke nodded. I sat down next to Luke on the bed. Edward grabbed a rolling chair and sat down. "So i wanted to talk to you guys about your mom. Although it's only been a few months, i love her and i care about the two of you guys as well. I want her to be part of my family, i want the two of you to be part of my family." i smiled. He reached into his suit jacket pocket pulling out a black velvet ring box. "I want to ask her to marry me but i wanted the two of you guy's permission first because i'm wouldn't just be marrying her, i'd be becoming your step father."

I jumped off the bed and wrapped my arms around him. He chuckled. "Oh my god, you have my permission."

"I'm glad." I pulled away and looked at Luke. "What about you Luke? What are your thoughts?"

Luke stood up. Edward stood up with him. Luke reached out his hand. "You make my mom really happy so yeah you have my permission." Edward grabbed his hand and Luke pulled him in for a hug. He patted his back. "When do you plan on doing it?"

"Soon, i wanted both of your blessings before i asked her."

"Well as much as i'd love to keep talking about this, i have to get ready for my date with Tessa."

"And i have a date with Nick and Edward has a date with mom, let's go." Edward and i left his room and walked downstairs. Mom and Nick were in the kitchen. "All done, ready to go?" i asked holding out my hand. Nick nodded and grabbed it. We walked outside to his driveway. I quickly braided my hair before putting my helmet on. "So where are we going?"