56: Nick's POV

"Nicholas, can you get the door?" called out Abuela.

"Yeah," i yelled. I got off the couch and headed to the front door. I opened the door to see Luke banging on the door. "Hey man, what's up?" i asked leaning against the wall.

"It's Leia."

I pushed myself off the wall. "What about Leia?"

"She's locked herself in her bathroom crying."

I pushed past him running towards the house. Luke followed behind me. I ran into her bedroom. Just like Luke had said, Leia wasn't in her bedroom and the bathroom door was closed. I walked over to the bathroom. "Leia?" i asked. "Corazon, open the door. Leia you open this door right now or i swear to god i'll knock this door down." i could hear her start to cry harder. "Leia, make sure you're away from the door." i stepped back and kicked at the door until it broke off the hinges. Leia screamed when the door finally crashed down. I ran across the door and over to her kneeling down in front of her. "Are you okay? Did it hit you?" she shook her head. "Thank god. Now what the hell is wrong?"

"Just leave me alone," she whimpered.

"Corazon, you're scaring me," i said, confused as to why she's crying. "What's wrong?"

"We need to break up," she whispered.

"What?"

"We need to break up."

I grabbed her face. "Leia, you're upset and you're not thinking straight."

"I am thinking straight Nick. we don't work. We should never have gotten together, we should've just stayed friends. We need to break up."

I slowly let her go. "You can't be serious."

"I am."

"Leia, please tell me this is just some horrible form of a practical joke."

"It's not a joke Nick, i'm really sorry. I wanna be frie-"

"No," he said standing up.

"Nick-"

"If you don't want to be with me, fine. We're done. I never loved you anyways," i lied.

"Don't say that."

"You're naive, you know that? why would i love someone who wouldn't even put out." her eyes widened. "I'm done, see you around Leia." it took everything in me to walk away from her. If she didn't want me, fine but i sure as hell wasn't going to let her or anyone else think i cared. If she didn't want me anymore, she wouldn't get any part of me.

"Hey, is she okay?" Luke asked as i stormed downstairs.

"She just dumped me," i said pushing past him. I could hear him calling after me but i didn't listen. I couldn't hear anything over the sound of my heart breaking. I had just lost the love of my life. I had just lost my everything.

I couldn't sleep that night. Everytime i closed my eyes, i saw her. I couldn't even sleep in my bedroom. It killed me to know that she was right across from me. I sat in Elena's rocking chair holding her all night. I left the house early to make sure i wouldn't run into Leia. I knew if i saw her, i'd break down.

I drove to the school parking in my normal spot. I headed over to my locker. I rummaged through the top until i found my weed already rolled up. I grabbed my old lighter lighting one end. I put it to my lips taking a hit. The nicotine filled my system for the first time in months.

I saw Missy heading over to me from her locker. Whenever Leia wasn't around, Missy would flirt with me. As always she had on an outfit that showed off as much of her body as she possibly could. "Hi Nick," she said, twirling her blonde hair between her fingers.