19

"So Leia," said Brandi walking up to Dana, Tessa, and I sitting on the track. I stopped putting my hair up and looked up at her. "What's it like dating the hottest guy in school?"

"We've been dating less than twelve hours."

"Longer than anyone else ever has."

I shrugged. "Leia?" I looked over at coach. "Coach Young wants to talk to you."

I nodded and got up. I ran over to the field where the football players were huddling up. The boys whistled at me. I rolled my eyes remembering I was wearing tight spandex and a sports bra. "Whoever whistled at my sister better be ready for a beating."

"Coach, you want to talk to me?"

"Yes," he said. "I heard you're the reason we almost lost the game last night."

"Technically it was because Nick was being stubborn but I'm fine with taking the blame."

"I don't think I was stubborn," said Nick walking over to me. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and kissed the side of my head. "Good morning corazón." I smiled leaning into him.

"Well regardless, I've already talked to your coach and she's given me permission to take you for practice today."

"Well, it's about time," I chuckled. "Cause I am a much better quarterback than Luke is."

Luke rolled his eyes and crossed his arms. "Keep thinking that princess."

"Luke I will out throw you right now."

Luke grabbed a ball from the ground and threw it in the air. "Okay enough of that. We are just conditioning today so grab your stuff and put on a shirt."

I smiled and nodded. Nick let me go as I walked back over to the track. I grabbed my bag. "What's going on?" Asked Dana.

"I'm conditioning with the boys today so try not to have too much fun without me."

I walked back over to the boys and tossed my bag off to the side. I shrugged on my tank top. Nick picked me up. I giggled as he walked us over to the huddle. He wrapped his arms around me. "Alright boys and Leia, we're running a mile on the track before hitting the weight room. Sorry Leia but you and Nick are running two."

"Seriously?"

"Yes Nick, now I'd start running."

Nick groaned. I pulled my hair up into a ponytail before I started jogging. Nick followed after me. We ran alongside each other. "I haven't gotten a kiss today."

I smiled. "You're very needy, you know that?" he shrugged. We kept jogging. On our second lap, the other boys started jogging with us. I left Nick to race Luke around the track. I ended up in front of everyone on our last lap. Dana waved at me. I slowed down for a second before throwing a roundoff back handspring tuck.

The girls all clapped for me. I walked over to coach. He smiled softly at me. "Nice job, you beat my boys." I shrugged. Nick ran over to me and hugged me. "Enough with the PDA Nick, this is football practice not your bedroom."

"This isn't PDA, coach." he wrapped his arm around my shoulder. "I could show you PDA but I don't know how Leia is going to feel about that." I slapped his arm. "All seriousness, are you really going to make her work with us in the weight room?"

"She'll do what she wants and can do."

Nick saluted him. "Then we'll see you at the weight room." he dragged me inside, grabbing my bag on the way. We walked to the hallway right near the weight room. He pushed me against the wall. I raised my eyebrow. "I want a kiss."