Chapter 3

10:05pm

Sin

As commanded, the boys made sure they were standing next to me somewhat sober and decent looking. We stood in front of our whole pack, surrounding the bonfire.

"We've gathered here tonight to celebrate the lives of those we lost. Our beloved Alpha and Luna, as well as our precious Princess, lost their lives on this day, five years ago. I know this isn't easy, trust me, but we must honor them and make sure we no longer mourn them as a loss but celebrate them for their time spent on this Earth. To them!" I raised my glass.

"To them!" Everyone shouted and drank their drinks.

I decided to let the boys skip their speeches this year and just enjoy the party. I went and sat on a log near the fire and just starting thinking. The boys were once again drunk and fooling around. Idiots. I thought to myself.

I was so deep in thought, I didn't even noticed someone sat next to me.

"Alpha!" Kennedy screamed in my ear

"Fuck. Ow. What the hell, Ken!?"

"I called your name like five times! Don't get all snappy with me now." She giggled, making me let a laugh slip my lips.

We both starred at the fire. "A penny for your thoughts?" She asked.

I took a deep breath. "Just wishing they were still here. I don't know how much more I can take with my brothers and the pack council." I sighed.

"What's up with the pack council?" Kennedy placed her elbows on her legs and snuck her head into her hands.

"They want a Luna... They know being an Alpha is a very difficult position and is better taken care of when you have a Luna.. And I've yet to find mine. Their now coming to the point where they want to force an alliance through marriage with another pack." I whisper-yelled.

"They can't do that! That's horrible! What if you were to find your mate after being married under pack law!? Or did they just not think about that!?" I could see Kennedy's wolf breaking through.

"Ken, calm down--" I placed my hand on her shoulder, "It's ok. I'm still their Alpha and have the last say so. I won't have a Luna unless she is my mate.".

Kennedy's wolf seemed to calm down and sunk her head into her lap. "Well... That's good." She sighed.

I knew what was troubling her. Kennedy found her mate about two years ago. He was the Alpha of the Crescent Pack, over the lake and he too faced the same issue with his Pack Council. They wanted a Luna but he had not found his mate yet. He chose to marry another to gain territory and please the council but little did he know not three months later while the new Luna carried his heir, he met his mate and that was Kennedy.

Ken was so happy to have found him. She had dreamt about meeting her mate since she was a child and was so excited... Until he told her he was married with child and rejected their bond.. Kennedy was a wreck for a long time. I had half a mind to marched down there and rip his head off but I knew that wasn't the right thing to do. So the pack comforted her in her time of need and soon enough she started feeling better. The pain will never go away but she says it's easier to ignore now.

"I'm really sorry about Hunter, Kennedy. He really missed out." I said, rubbing her back.

"Yeah, he sure did." She said, still with her head hung low.

Before I knew it, it was midnight and the fireworks starting going off. Signaling the end of the ceremony. Ken and I watched as the sky was filled with bright colors. Soon enough we said our goodbyes and I mingled amongst the pack thanking them before heading off to bed.

****

As I lay wide awake in my bed, I can't help but think about my mate. Will I ever get to meet her? What's she like? Does she have blonde hair, brown hair, or black like me? Is she gentle or fierce? So many questions with no answers.

Please, Moon Goddess. Bring me my mate soon...

****

5 days later.

Bella

"Ah!!" I screamed in agony as my brothers whip reached my bare skin.

"Please, Blanco! Stop!" I scream again as the whip rips the skin off my back.

"This is what you get for throwing your food on me, you ungrateful Mutt!"

Whip. Whip. Whip.

"Ahh!!" I screamed and cried as my brother continued to whip me. This is a day in my life. Brutal beatings at the hands of my own flesh and blood.

We may be in a new house but the same old actions occur. I've been placed the basement of this house, as well. Chained in silver with my arms out and my feet barely touching the ground. The boys have been taking turns all day but surprisingly, I haven't seen my Father since the day we moved here. Not that I'm not pleased, his punishments were the worst. I'm just curious as to why he hasn't paid his favorite child a visit.

"I think that's enough for tonight. Get some rest, Mutt-- Father will be in here to play with you tomorrow." Blanco said as he unchained me and walked back upstairs.

Well I guess I spoke too soon.

I tried to get as much rest as I could. Goddess knows I'm going to need my strength.

****

Okay, hi! So this is my first werewolf story that I've published and I know it starts out a bit slow but trust me it'll get good with time. I hope everyone enjoys this story and thank you so much for reading 💙