05

05| Transition

The first half of my day went by quicker than I expected. 

I met some new people, very nice and chill people in those classes. 

They asked me to sit with them at lunch, so I said yes. 

I'll just have to weasel my way out of sitting with Marcus, Turi and Donatello. 

Right now I was formulating a plan in my head as I made my way to the cafeteria. I saw my new acquaintances wave me over but I told them to wait a second. 

I head to my brother's table, which seemed to be in the center of the cafeteria. 

Everyone was looking at  me as I did so. 

Donatello looked at me and narrowed his eyes when I realized that I wasn't sitting with them. 

"I met some people, and I want to each lunch with them. It that okay?" I asked quietly. He quirked a brow and looked at Marcus and Turi, silently communicating on whether or not I should sit with my new friends. 

All the people they were sitting with gave me curious looks. 

"Alright, you can sit with them. Just make sure to meet me at the front entrance after school." Marcus said. 

I nodded and quickly head to the table where they were all waiting for me. 

I met them all in my grade eleven law class and we bonded over the fact that we are all tenth graders taking a grade eleven course. 

There's Cody, who plays Junior Football and is really chill. Ayan was apart of student council and head of the cultural group here at Avalon Secondary School. She also loves throwing pencils at people. Rishi' a quiet guy who was so sarcastic you couldn't even tell when he was being serious. Sara's a sweet girl who was on the dance team here and she loved art. Lastly there's Dominic who's really, really, extremely thirsty. He flirts with literally every girl he sees, include us, but it's all in good fun. 

They're all really nice and I'm hoping that things go well between all of us. 

"Ah, the gracious younger sister of the Belmont Brothers finally graces us with her presence. Welcome, kind lady." Dominic bowed before me. 

I rolled my eyes and took a seat beside Ayan who immediately chucked a pencil at Dominic. 

He ducked it and took a seat across from me and beside Rishi. 

Sara sat on beside Rishi and Cody sat beside me. 

"For real though, you're brothers scare the shit out of me." Cody said. I laughed, not saying anything on the comment. 

"I think they want people to be scared of them, dumbass." Rishi said before shoving a twinkie into his mouth. 

I started chocking on my water at that. 

Ayan started patting my back while I recovered. When I did, I burst into laughter all over again. 

"Just the way you ate the twinkie, holy shit!" I put my face in my hands and tried to calm myself down. 

Ayan started laughing with me too, and she tapped my shoulder telling me to look at him. 

His mouth was wide open with the twinkie and he looked so concentrated on trying to eat it. We both looked at each other before laughing all over again. 

"Ladies, ladies. I know I'm hilarious but please, shut up. Everyone's starting to look at us." Dominic said while throwing a napkin in my face. 

I peeled it off,  and threw it on Cody who looked confused at the entire situation.