Chapter 7

We walk together through Kaijo High School grounds, "So big," Hyuga says, "The energy they put in the sports clubs here is on a different after all," He says.

 I look at Taiga and see his eyes bloodshot, "Kagami, your eyes seem even worse than usual," Tetsuya says from my side.

"Shut up," He grumbles, "I was too much fired up, so I couldn't sleep..."

"What are you, a grade-schooler before a field trip?" I question and shrug, "At least you love basketball."

"Hi!" Ryouta jobs over to us, "You guys finally made it!" He smiles at us, "Since this place's so big, I came to greet you," He walks to me and Tetsuya, "Juricchi~ Kurokocchi~ Even since you both turned me down so easily... I've been crying myself to sleep every night," He whines and wipes his eyes, "Not a single girl has ever turned me down, you know?"

"...Would you stop saying things like that?" Tetsuya says and points to me, "She's fired up more than the players."

I pull Taiga down to my level, by his shirt, "Make him weep," I whisper and he gulps before standing up straight.

Ryouta takes my bag that doesn't match the school uniform, "This for later?" He asks and I nod, "I got it..." He looks at Taiga, "Since Kurokocchi and Juricchi are so willing to say that much about you, I'm a bit interest," He smirks a little, "I'm not really obsessed with the name Generation of Miracles, but... if you're willing to pick up a fight that much, even someone like me is no man to let that slide... Sorry, but I'll have to seriously take you down... Especially since you're too close to Juricchi," He bends down before wrapping an arm around my waist and flips me over his shoulder.

"Put me down, you blockhead," I shout and hold my skirt down, "Seriously, don't funny!!" 

Ryouta walks and chuckles, "You're so light, it's like you're not even there," He smirks.

"That an insult?!" I pull at his hair at he walks.

"They will never change," Tetsuya says.

"They were like this when they were dating?!" Taiga and Riko ask in a whisper.

I slowly give up fighting against his hold, "I hate you at times," I grumble.

"No, you never do," He smiles and I sigh, "Ah, it's here," He walks into the gym, still not putting me down.

"Ryouta enough now," I say from his shoulder.

"...Wait," Riko says walking in and I look up to see half a court set up.

"...You've got to be kidding me," I comment and twist onto my back, then sit on his shoulder, "Ryouta, last time DOWN!"

He stops in front of a chubby man, who needs a shave and puts me down, "Jeez, I was only being nice to you," He pouts and I take my bag off him, then step back to Tetsuya and Taiga.

"They're practising already on the other half?" Riko says.

"Wait, isn't that board past the expiration date?" I hear someone say and I look at one of the board, rusted and old.

The man from earlier walks up, "Aah, you're here," He looks at me and bows a little, "Please forgive Kise, he's very youthful," He says and stands up straight before looking uninterested, "We'll be playing on only this side of the court, you don't mind?"

"Nice to meet you too," Riko says stepping forward, "Err, what might you mean?"

"It's just like you see. Today's match is just a light warm-up for our team, but... The club members that won't play just won't see anything worth learning by just watching, so... In order not to water their time, the other members are going to practice as usual," He begins turning his body, "But even though I say it's a warm-up, it's still our regular members, please don't get yourselves defeated by tripled points," He adds walking to his team.