It Will Be Alright

(I made this picture myself)
Winger's P.O.V

Shredder lead us all the way back to his lair. When we entered we found that he had built a new cage.

"This time, you won't be escaping so easily." He said.

"It's made of belzium. The hardest material there is." I sighed, knowing this would be the last chance I got to spend time with Summer.

"In you go." Shredder commanded. We did as we were told, trudging into the cold hard cage. Shredder signaled to Iggy, who snapped a belzium padlock to the door.

"It's really late, that flight took a long time. You two get comfy, because tonight is the last time you ever will." Shredder said.

Well, at least I got to spend one more night with Summer. Shredder and Iggy strolled out of the room, probably heading to their own sleeping places. It was almost completely dark, I could only just see Summer.

"Hey Sum." I whispered.

"Yes?" She replied.

"What do you think our friends are doing right now?" I asked.

"Not sleeping, I can tell you that. They're probably mourning over us." I immediately felt bad asking that, I should have know the answer. Summer shivered.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"It's just really cold in here." She said. I scooted over to her and put my wing around her.

"Better?" I asked as she snuggled into me.

"Better." She confirmed.

It took me a while to fall asleep, knowing what would happen to us the next day. Summer was already snoring, fast asleep and oblivious to the waking world. I gave her head a light kiss before settling down and finally falling asleep myself.

Summer's P.O.V

I woke up to slight snoring from Winger. He had one of his wings around me. Shredder was no where to be seen. I nudged him gently, wondering if I could get a few more minutes with him before our fate. I secretly hoped that Shredder would have eaten us in our sleep so that we wouldn't have to feel much pain. Sadly that wasn't the case. Winger stirred, slowly opening his eyes.

"So. It wasn't just a nightmare?" He asked.

"Unfortunately, It wasn't." I said. Winger sat up, almost bumping his head on the top of the cage.

"It sucks how this cage is smaller than the last." He said.

"True... but at least we get to be closer to each other." I said back. Winger smiled, but lost the smile shortly after.

"It's... Everyone's going to really miss us... is it really the end?" He asked.

"I.... yes. I'm pretty sure. And this all happened... because of me." I told him.

He stared at me for a minute before saying "How is it your fault? We wouldn't be in this mess if I hadn't brought you to the cave."

"Who was the one that wanted to go for a fly in the first place?"

"I- oh. Right." He looked deep in thought.

"Still, it's not your fault. How would you have known this would happen?"

"I guess you're right." I said, tears pricking at my eyes.

"But we're still here... about to die...." I tried to hold back my tears but failed. Winger pulled me into a hug as I cried into his shoulder.

"We're going to be alright." He said reassuringly.

"But... we aren't! We're going to die!" I protested. He stroked the back of my head with his paw.

"I know. I'm just... trying to be positive. It's turning out to be a lot more difficult than I thought." I stopped crying for a second and giggled.

"Now you know how I feel all the time!" I said. I pulled my head back and looked at Winger.

He still had his arms wrapped around me. For a minute we just stared into each other's eyes. Then, without even thinking, I moved my head a bit closer to his. He copied my actions. Our lips were almost touching when a loud banging noise made us jump apart. Shredder walked into the room, right past our cage, and to the exit.

"Um... might we ask where you are going?" Winger said, trying his best not to anger the Red Death.

"Well, it is your village, so I guess I should tell you." Shredder replied.

"WHAT?!" Winger and I both shouted.

"But you said you wouldn't attack them if we came with you!" I yelled.

"Correction, I said I wouldn't attack them today. However, it's no longer today. I mean, I guess it is, but it's also technically tomorrow..." Shredder trailed off. I tried my best to recall what had happened.

Shredder looked us dead in the eyes.

"You surrender yourselves. I will leave your village alone today, if you two agree to come with me."

"You tricked us!" Winger yelled.

"I guess I did. And you two were dumb enough to fall for it." Shredder mocked us.

"And that powerful megablast of yours won't be able to save your friends. Because you are stuck here, soon to be eaten. Of course, my meal today will be your village, but you two will make a nice little snack for when I get home." He gave us one last dirty look, then flew out of the cave.

I started to panic. Winger slammed his body against the cage in a desperate attempt to break free. He gave all three of his power blasts to the lock, but it did not fall off. Tired, he flopped down on the floor.

"This is just great! We gave up our lives thinking we would save our friends, and now they and the rest of the village are about to become dragon chow!" He yelled.

"Uh... we, we'll find a way out of here! Yeah! Maybe we can-"

"It's no use Summer. It's no use. Everyone is going to die." Winger said, defeated.

I heard growling from the corner of the room. Iggy stepped out of the shadows, rushing toward us. He skidded to a halt in front of the cage door and started digging a hole. Winger and I just stared at him, dumbfounded. Iggy let out a cry of triumph as he lifted a key from the hole. He unlocked the padlock and flung it to the side as he opened the cage door. Winger and I stood there shocked.

"What are you waiting for?! Go save your friends!" Iggy yelled.

That snapped Winger back into reality. He launched himself out of the cage and into freedom. I quickly followed after him, thanking Iggy before flying out of the lair into daylight.

"We need to get to Huttsgalor as quickly as possible!" I said.

Winger nodded at me and said "We should take the berry island tunnels!"

I agreed with his plan. We found the tunnels easily enough. I smiled as we ran at top speed through the tunnel that would take us to Huttsgalor. We were going to live!