CHAPTER SEVEN

Lunch that day was not much better than last night's dinner. Lilith managed to actually eat some of it this time but stopped when Scarlett eloquently compared their meal to a baboon's backside. Azalea just laughed at Lilith's facial expression and continued eating. 

Meanwhile at the boys' table. Neil had found Mr. Keating's senior annual. He handed it to Cameron, who burst out laughing the moment he saw Mr. Keating's picture. 

"Listen to this, captain of the soccer team, editor of the school annual, Cambridge bound, Thigh man, and the Dead Poets Society," Neil read from the description.

"Man most likely to do anything," Cameron added, snickering. 

"Thigh man," Charlie smirked. "Mr. K was a hell-raiser."

"What's a Dead Poets Society?" Knox asked, frowning slightly.

"I don't know, there's no other mention of it," Neil responded. 

Just then, Nolan yelled, "That boy there, see me after lunch," and Cameron quickly shoved the annual under the table. 

---------------------------------------------

Once they left the mess hall, Neil caught sight of Camille leaving as well, laughing happily at whatever outrageous story Scarlett was telling. 

"Should we tell the girls?" He asked, looking at Charlie.

"Why not?" Charlie shrugged, seemingly nonchalant. But on the inside, he was yelling YES! at the top of his lungs. 

"Camille! Azalea!" Neil called, striding over to where they were huddled. Meeks and Charlie followed with the others on their heels. 

"Hey, Neil," Camille grinned, as Scarlett looked up then quickly right back down at her book. 

"Hey. We found something we thought you guys might like to see."

The girls crowded around Neil as he opened the annual. 
"What's a Dead Poets Society?" Lilith asked, looking intrigued.

"That's exactly what we're going to figure out," Charlie smiled. Luckily, Pitts spotted Mr. Keating crossing the yard right at that moment. 

"C'mon!" 

Without thinking, Neil grabbed Todd's hand and chased after Mr. Keating.

"Mr. Keating!" Neil yelled as the group drew closer. "Mr. Keating!"

"Oh Captain, my Captain?" Lilith tried and succeeded to catch her teacher's attention. Mr. Keating turned around and smiled. 

"Gentlemen, ladies."

"We were just looking in your old annual," Neil explained, offering it to him. Keating took it and looked at his picture.

"Oh my God. No, that's not me. Stanley 'The Tool' Wilson," he joked. Crouching down, he continued looking through the book. 

Neil crouched down next to him. Hesitantly, he asked,

"What was the Dead Poets Society?"