CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

Neil appeared on the stage, clad in green. 

"Hey, there he is! Hey, hey!"

Charlie started to rise, clapping, but Cameron pulled him down. 

A younger girl came on stage as well, also dressed as a fairy.

"Either I mistake your shape and making quite, 

Or else you are that shrewd and knavish 
sprite 
Call'd Robin Goodfellow."

Scarlett looked back briefly to see Chris and Knox being shown to their seats. Grinning, she turned back to the play. 

"I am that merry wanderer of the night. I jest to Oberon and make him smile. When I a fat and bean-fed horse beguile, Neighing in likeness of a filly foal: And sometime lurk I in a gossip's bowl, In very likeness of a roasted crab, And when she drinks, against her lips I bob And on her withered dewlap pour the ale. The wisest aunt, telling the saddest tale,"

"He's good, he's really good," Charlie whispered to Lilith. 

"Sometime for three-foot stool mistaketh

me; Then slip I from her bum, down topples she, And "tailor" cries, and falls into a cough; And then the whole quire hold their hips and laugh, And waxen in their mirth and neeze and swear A merrier hour was never wasted there."

Neil cocked his head, as though hearing a faraway sound.

"But, room, fairy! here comes Oberon."

The play progressed marvelously, with stellar performances from each actor. No one in the audience noticed the older man who entered halfway through, wearing a long coat and a frown.

The last scene was Neil, standing alone on the stage. 

"If we shadows have offended," he began, finding Todd in the audience.

"Think but this, and all is mended,

That you have but slumber'd here

 While these visions did appear. 

 And this weak and idle theme,

 No more yielding but a dream, 

 Gentles, do not reprehend: If you pardon, we will mend: 

 And, as I am an honest Puck, If we have unearned luck 

 Now to 'scape the serpent's tongue,

 We will make amends ere long; 

 Else the Puck a liar call; 

 So, good night unto you all.

 Give me your hands, if we be friends, And Robin shall restore amends."

The curtains closed and tumultuous applause rang out through the auditorium. Neil's friends were the most exuberant, immediately rising to their feet.

The curtains reopened to reveal Neil and his castmates, all grinning broadly. Hermia pushed Neil forward, for a solo bow.

"YAWP!" The Dead Poets cheered.

A/N here is a very short chapter

adding another one shortly