ii. Lion

"Percy, what did you do to Orville."

I did not kill him. Percy thought, "I did not do anything."

"Liar!" Sister Annie struck him with a whip. "Didn't you realize he died?"

Percy pushed him. At 12, Percy had killed someone. "Stop hitting me with the fucking whip." Percy yelled.

"No I won't! Shut up Percy. I won't believe you anymore, you killed your mother." She whispered to his ears. He gently caressed his hair, down to his stomach. "This is less than enough. I'm just preparing you for hell."

Percy was whining. He was crying hard. With every slash of the whip, his thoughts of killing this woman grew more.

The kids upstairs were listening to his despair. No, they aren't just kids. They're victims.

Percy had been framed by his father. They lived in a barn-turned-house. Winter was cold, "Percy! Why did you kill your mother?!" His father was a moron. And the authorities believed him.

He gave the gun to Percy. The kid was still petrified. He saw his father just casually shooting his mother in the head. 3 times.

Well Percy killed cows for fun. Percy killed pigs, Percy killed sheeps. Percy killed Molly Anthonet.

"No. Percy did not go outside today." Said his mother. Percy was afraid of the idea that he'll be in prison.

Molly Anthonet's death was a mystery. No way a child as frail as Percy would kill her.

Percy pushed her to the field. They were just playing. But she hit her head on a rock.

"Percy," Sister Annie called. "Do you know Molly Anthonet?" She was Annie's niece.

"Yes."

"What did you do to her last year?"

"I did not kill her."

"Liar!"

Percy was crying. His blurred vision cannot see where Annie is. But when he finally did, he grabbed the thick rosary on her neck and slammed her head to the floor.

He stepped on her face and continually slamming her head on the hard tiled ground.

Her breathing stopped.

"Percy that's enough!"

"Leave this orphanage." They don't want the police to know about Annie's violence. They don't want an issue. So they let go of Percy.

Poor Percy.

"Do you want to live here?"

"Yes. It's a nice place."

"No one really rents here so you can live here basically all your life."

It was Percy's first time in the suburbs. He did not have any money, but he stole Annie's jewelry every night. Piece by piece.

"The jewelry, they were fine." The landlord said. "Thank you."

Percy lived all by himself but he still worked for that man.

Until he didn't.

He killed him and he took all the landlord's money.

No one knew. It was a good timing.

At that point Percy thought killing was okay. The authorities never cared, no one listened, and he got away with it three times.

Nothing really caught his interest but he wanted to be calm. He was always shaking, constantly nervous.

Fish. He saw fish. At that moment, at 16. 4 years later and he knew what to do with himself.

He heard it at school from Principal Johanna. She saw him just the same. Same as the frail boys at school but he favored Percy more.

When she knew Percy lived alone, at 16, she helped him. But she died. Percy poisoned him.

"I don't need any help."

"You're a monster Percy." That was her last words as she died.

"I know." He answered.