16 | angels and archangels

Flickering colored lights surrounded the pool as night came

Flickering colored lights surrounded the pool as night came. The hotel was bright enough but the pool was gleaming from its own power source. People were swimming quietly though most were soaking at the Jacuzzi tub.

Callista had spotted Franco Castellano from her seat in the pool bar. Franco had an unbuttoned white shirt, the sleeves rolled to his elbows. His blond hair was darker, pushed to the back as his gold piercings glimmered. He had a cellphone to his other ear, lips moving fast.

She smiled, sliding off the seat and into the water. The water reached above her breast. Her eyes focused on the Castellano heir before she dived deep, swimming towards her target.

As she came up, the water sparkled on her golden skin. She flicked her inky tresses, running her fingers over them. Caly reached up at the pool's handle, leaving the pool with a loud rush. She stood straight, meeting a pair of wide icy blue eyes.

"If you would be so kind." Callista gestured her head at the folded robe on the glass table.

Franco's blinked back. His eyebrows wrinkled before he ended his call. He opened the lacy robe as Caly sauntered over to him with a sway to her hips. The girl inserted her lean arms on each side, feeling Franco's warm breath against her freezing skin. "What are you doing here, Miss Genovese?"

Callista carded through her locks, letting it rest on one shoulder. She faced Franco. "Can't I come here?"

"I thought we were done invading each other's personal lives," Franco replied. His rolled-up sleeves showcased the veins in his arms as he crossed it over his exposed muscular chest. Caly chased the gestures with gleaming eyes causing Franco to clear his throat. "My eyes are up here."

Callista chuckled, "Can't even let me enjoy the view, huh?"

Franco's lips parted a mere millimeter before he coughed once, his frigid mask back in place. However, it was too late. Callista had zeroed in on his reaction and it was perfect. "I'm busy. Do you need anything?"

"I do." Her thick eyelashes fluttered at him. "Something that'll help me forget."

"Sex?"

"Alcohol."

Their words clashed and Caly frowned. "What sex?"

"Alcohol?" he barked back.

"You want sex with me?" Callista insisted on the question with a frisky smirk.

"What? No! I was just suggesting—" Franco shut his eyes closed. When he opened them again, his blue irises teemed with wrath. "Stop messing with my head, Callista."