46 | ash and ashes

Callista's eyelids were heavy as Castor yanked the sheets over their naked bodies

Callista's eyelids were heavy as Castor yanked the sheets over their naked bodies. He pressed a kiss to her sweaty shoulder, embracing her from behind.

"Are you okay?" he asked in a rough whisper.

"I'm exhausted," she replied. She moved to face her lover, feeling the stickiness between her legs. "I wanna shower."

"I'm sorry."

She laughed and buried her face on his chest. "You're not."

"I'm not." Castor caressed her hair down to her back. "I wanna make love to you until our souls meld together."

Caly hummed. "If this is still about—"

"No. Go to sleep."

She felt him kiss the top of her head before sleep took over.

It felt like a long time before someone shook her awake. Callista waved the person away only to feel kisses over her face. She forced her eyes open and saw Castor's emerald eyes. "Hey."

"Hey, you."

She eyed him and his black trench coat. Callista was wide awake in an instant. "Are you leaving?"

"Well, yeah. Caly—"

She ran to her closet and wore some underwear. She donned on a hoodie, tying her hair into a bun. "You should've woken me up!" she grumbled as she reached him.

Castor wrapped his arms around her. "You were tired. I don't wanna disturb you."

She smirked at his smug tone. "You would know."

He pulled away, grabbing a thick folder and a flash drive. Callista gasped as she received it. "You worked fast."

"Of course I did." Castor gave her another kiss before he trudged to the bathroom.

Callista arched an eyebrow at a folded page. She opened it to a man's profile. Aslan Yusuf. She had seen him before but she never knew he was connected with the Castellanos.

"Cas! This man...?"

Castor came out from the bathroom with his shoulder bag. He marched to her and looked at the picture. "Yeah. Yusuf. His real name is Aslan Luchenko. I think you can use him. That is...if the rumors about him are true."

"What rumors?"

"That he loved his wife very much and would never do anything to upset her," he said with a rare sparkle in his eyes. "His wife can't have children so the man built schools and orphanages and named it after her. They've been married for 15 years now."