Hide Aways- Sadies POV

I lay down next to Violet, her breathing ridiculously loud, as we hid out of sight from Mr. Wilkenburough, my mind racing, trying to figure out a way to get Vie to come along with me.

She loved swimming. Maybe that would calm her down? She seemed to be having some sort of mini panic attack right next to me, and I couldn't help but giggle.

"Want to go for a swim to calm down?" I asked, with a smile.

"Oh uh, I'm not stressed." Her blushed cheeks and heavy breathing said other wise, as she pushed herself up onto her elbows, her hair draping over my chest. "Besides, I don't even have my bathing suit on me."

As she said that, I pulled two bathing suits out of my sweater pocket with a smile. "First of all, yes you are. We're laying right next to each other, you're breathing like a fucking wooly mammoth, you idiot. Secondly, yes you do."

She smiled at me, before staring off into space, as if to ponder what she ought to do in this situation. A smirk swept over her, before she looked back at me.

"Race ya."

"Oh you are so dead." I giggled, leaping up from where I was sitting, and sprinting after her. She may have gotten a head start, but she was slow as hell, and I passed her in no time, stopping just before the lake, and slipping my boots off of my feet.

"I'm gonna beat you one day Silver." She panted, jogging up to me. "Just you wait."

"In your dreams." I rolled my eyes, tossing her one of the swimsuits clutched in my hands. "I'll be right back."

I hurried off behind a tree, slipping my sweater off over my head, replacing it with the bikini top, before slipping on the bottom of the swimsuit, and balling up my clothes, taking my time to walk back, giving Vie enough time to change.

"I'm done." She called from back by the water, her clothes folded neatly on a stump.

"Kay."

Emerging from the forest, I noticed how tan her skin had become since we arrived to camp, her smile blinding, as she dipped her toes into the cool water.

"Shit that's cold." She laughed.

Was I really just realizing how absolutely gorgeous she was?

No, that couldn't be the case. As soon as she had gotten here, I was taken aback by how widely she smiled, and how smooth she talked, as if every word coming out of her mouth, was a warm hug, or a cinnamon bun fresh out of the oven. Even now, as she played around in the shallows of the lake, waiting for me to join her, she radiated this magnificent beauty, something I couldn't quite place. I mean her curiou-

"Sadie!"

Startled out of my thoughts, I turned to look at her as she talked.

"That's like the third time I've called you. Where are you?" She giggled, walking up to me and looping her arm through mine, tugging me along with her down to the water.

"Oh, sorry," I smiled at her, her skin pleasantly soft against mine. "Just thinking."

Hopping over a log silently, I slipped my feet into the chilly water, Vie following after me. A shiver ran down my spine, as she launched herself into the water, splashing me gently with its coolness.

"Hey!" I giggled, running after her as fast as I could, which honestly wasn't very fast through thick water, and diving down after her, somersaulting, before steadying myself on the sand.

Waddling over to her, I stepped into her a little closer, looking down at her as she giggled, tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"You feel better now?" I asked, with a smile.

She rolled her eyes, playfully punching me in the stomach, as I held up my hands, playfully asking for a truce.

She shivered, rubbing her arms with her hands. "I'm cold." She said, as I nodded in agreement, leading her out of the water.

It may be summer but the lake was cold as hell without any sunshine, not to mention kind of boring, I thought, as I hopped out of the water and onto the sand, noticing how bright and beautiful the stars were tonight, a perfect idea hitting me, just as I slipped my sweater on over my head.

"Hey." I said, as Violet looked up from where she was resting against a stump, slipping her boots back on. "I know what we should do next."

"What?"

"Just follow me," I pushed my foot into my boot, standing up and grabbing her hand. "But let's stay near the forest. I'm pretty sure there's security cameras up by the bathrooms."

"Ya, I heard thats how a couple Beaver girls got caught. Stacey Bridges was telling me about it yesterday." She nodded solemnly.

We kept quiet for a couple minutes, aside from Violets constant 'where are we going?'s and 'this feels like a bad idea's, as we crept through the forest, turning past trees, old logs, and one or two lost canoes, washed up on the shore.

Finally, after ten minutes of hushing Vie, and launching ourselves over logs, we made our way to a small clearing in a patch of forest a little further away from the lake.

"What's that?" Violet pointed to a small brown shed just on the brink of the clearing, a padlock looped around the handle, and through another metal ring.

"It's technically not for campers," I said, walking towards it, and slipping a key out of my back pocket. "But I figure, If I'm smart enough to steal this key from off Mrs. P during camp fire time,without her realizing, I deserve to be able to borrow a picnic blanket once in a while."

She just scoffed sitting down on the grass, as I clicked my key into the lock, pulling out a faded flowery picnic blanket, laying it on the ground, and flopping onto my back, Violet following after me.

"You know what, Sadie?" She asked me, her voice smooth like honey.

"What?" I whispered, as I rolled onto my side to face her, our noses touching gently, as we gazed at each other.

"You're not a total dork."

I scoffed, rubbing my thumb gently against the back of her hand.

"Neither are you, Vie." I said, as the stars illuminated her face.

"Neither are you"

NOTES: This was kinda weird to write from Sadies POV (point of view), but a cool twist for me! When I'm finished writing this book, I'll also be releasing a little surprise along with it, so thats fun. 

ᴘʟᴜɢꜱ:

𝕋𝕦𝕞𝕓𝕝𝕣: 𝕥𝕠𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕠𝕤-𝕔𝕦𝕡-𝕠𝕗-𝕥𝕖𝕒

ℙ𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕣𝕖𝕤𝕥: 𝕤𝕠𝕡𝕙𝕚𝕔𝕤𝕩𝕒𝕦𝕣𝕒

𝕊𝕡𝕠𝕥𝕚𝕗𝕪: 𝕤𝕠𝕡𝕙𝕚𝕖𝕝𝕜𝕣𝕦𝕖𝕘𝕖𝕣

𝕊𝕟𝕒𝕡𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕥: 𝕖𝕢𝕢.𝕤𝕜

𝕋𝕚𝕜𝕋𝕠𝕜: 𝕤𝕠𝕡𝕙𝕚𝕖𝕖𝕝𝕜