Sunrises in C.S.N

Her lips were soft, like silk as she touched them to mine gently, the warm summer night air blowing my black locks out of my face as I smiled, finally pulling back.

My hand found hers as she leant into me, wrapping her arms around my waist in a side hug, neither one of us wanting to ruin the moment by talking.

I remember glancing down on her, wrapped underneath my arm as she sighed, staring at the moon, and only being able to think about kissing her again, and again, and again until it became a habit.

A wonderful, wonderful habit.

"What time is it?" She mumbled, interrupting my thoughts as she twisted in my lap.

"Probably around four," I sighed, as I glanced down at my watch. "Ya, it's just about si-holy shit it's almost six am."

"What?!" Sadie sprung up from my lap, before launching herself off of the canoes gracefully and onto the soft gravel. "Don't they do early morning rounds at six fifteen?"

"That's why we have to go." I grabbed her hand as I threw myself onto the ground, pulling her after me gently as we dashed through the forest.

As soon as I emerged from the clearing, however, the unfamiliarity of my surroundings swept over me.

"Where are we?" I muttered to myself, as I glanced around hesitantly.

My eyes quickly catching the bright blue paint of the bathroom exterior placed right at the edge of the opposite clearing. "Oh no." The green and black markings of Camp Sunridge North caught my eye, plastered to the back of spiritwear dangling from clothing lines, canoes painted with "C.S.N" on the sides in waterproof paint made it all too clear to me where we were. "Oh no, oh no, oh no."

"What? Why do you keep saying that?" Sadie stumbled out of the brush, bumping against my shoulders before coming to a stop as her eyes widened. "Oh my god."

"We're...we're-"

"In the guys side of camp..." She finished for me, just as an elderly man I recognized as Mr. Boucher emerged from a cabin door.

Right. In. Front. Of. Us.

"Why is he here so early?!" I huffed to Sadie, completely exasperated.

"North starts early morning rounds early." Sadie whispered from beside me, not daring to move.

"What in the world...?" He stopped in his tracks when he saw us, his clipboard clattering to the ground.

"We need to go right now." She grabbed my wrist, pushing me back into the forest, as her nails tapped against the back of my hand, floundering down the hill, and tumbling and crashing through soft- and not so soft- bushes. Needless to say, things were not going very well.

That is until we ran into Mac.

"Vie? Sadie?" He stumbled out of the bushes, accidentally bumping into us as he slowed to a stop. "What the hell are you guys doing over here?!"

I just shrugged, not really wanting to explain the entirety of our night while an old man was trying to hunt us down.

"Hey! It's the girls!" The rest of the group came crashing through the bush, grins on their faces as they parked themselves next to Mac.

"Shhh!" I hissed, raising my finger to my lips, not wanting to draw any more attention to ourselves. "We're lost." I explained, the moon still shining gently through the trees, even though with each passing second the sky got a little bit lighter.

"So were we. Just dip down the hill- you might need to walk through the water a little, but after five or so minutes, you'll cross back into the girls side- AKA South. Up to the right of the 'C.S.S' sign, is the Beaver Cabin. You should be able to find your way from there." Clyde smiled, his dimples grinning with him.

"Thank you so much." Sadie exclaimed, as she grasped my hand gently. "We're in Doe Cabin- it's right beside the Beavers."

"It's also time for you guys to go." He said, tapping the face of my watch."If you leave now you'll just barely make it. It's six o seven."

"Damnit." I whispered, turning back towards the forest. "But seriously- thank you guys. You saved our asses."

"And Mr. Wilkenborough is going to kick your asses out if you don't leave now." Clyde smirked, beginning to jog back up the hill. "And Doe Cabin, right?"

I nodded, as he began again. "We'll see you in a few days."

»»————- ♡ ————-««

Water splashed gently against my boots as I followed after Sadie along the shore line, only four minutes to spare until rounds.

"Damnit." I cursed, stumbling gently over a rock before she held her arm out to stop me, nodding towards the "C.S.S" sign in front of us.

"Up here." She said, beginning to jog around trees and through bushes, her boots crunching under old leaves that lay on the ground.

"I am so tired." I groaned, as I hopped over a log, and hit the ground with a thud.

"Quietly." She giggled, a twig snapping under my weight, as I kicked it aside.

Just as the hill ended, and Beaver Cabin began, I noticed the bathrooms and the Doe House resting just before the drop off the hill and down to the lake. The strong, swift trees swayed in the morning breeze as Sadie and I crawled carefully towards our cabin, the sun just beginning to rise.

We swung our legs over the wooden railing to the back of the deck, her hand sliding through mine as we stood perfectly still, watching the sun make its first appearance over Lake Cowanborough. Neither of us really cared if we were spotted sitting out on the deck this early- not much could be done by the staff, and with the sunrise captivating us, I didn't really know what to say- didn't really want to ruin this to be memory by talking. But Sadie said something anyways.

"It's beautiful." She whispered, as I draped my arm across her shoulder, glancing down on her.

"So are you." I said, softly. "So are you."

NOTES: n/a

ᴘʟᴜɢꜱ:

𝕋𝕦𝕞𝕓𝕝𝕣: 𝕥𝕠𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕠𝕤-𝕔𝕦𝕡-𝕠𝕗-𝕥𝕖𝕒

ℙ𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕣𝕖𝕤𝕥: 𝕤𝕠𝕡𝕙𝕚𝕔𝕤𝕩𝕒𝕦𝕣𝕒

𝕊𝕡𝕠𝕥𝕚𝕗𝕪: 𝕤𝕠𝕡𝕙𝕚𝕖𝕝𝕜𝕣𝕦𝕖𝕘𝕖𝕣

𝕊𝕟𝕒𝕡𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕥: 𝕖𝕢𝕢.𝕤𝕜

𝕋𝕚𝕜𝕋𝕠𝕜: 𝕤𝕠𝕡𝕙𝕚𝕖𝕖𝕝𝕜