Deal?

"Oh my god. Oh my god." I pushed my hair back from my face, letting out a sigh of laughter and looking back up at my friends. "Oh. My. God."

What you're hearing right now is me realizing I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to do. I mean, I'm going to plan a party but how?

What theme?

When?

Where?

"What about like a rock and roll theme?" Sadie suggested, looking over our list of ideas.

Right away I had decided I couldn't plan this thing by myself, which led to me recruiting the whole cabin to help me out. And what better place to plan a party than under a tree by the beach with plenty of snacks?

"No good," Aaliyah reminded her, kicking some sand with her foot absentmindedly. "Shonda Anand, summer of 11. Huge Rock and Roll theme."

I nodded, skimming over the list with a sigh.

"Rock and Roll

Something autumny like with hay bales n pumpkins n crap

Super fancy royal ball thing

Masquerade

Beach party"

Julia perked up, pointing to one of the items on the list. "What about the masquerade? That could be fun." I nodded, biting my lip.

"It's a little out of budget though." Ellie reasoned, crossing it off the list. "I think we should go with the beach thing. I mean who doesn't love a good party?"

She made a good point. We had just under two hundred and fifty dollars to plan this thing- which definitely ruled out the fancy royal balls. And sure, the autumn thing could be fun, but even though it was called the autumn ball, we all knew it was more of a summer festivity. The last hurrah to the summer of 2014- a night to remember. Suddenly our choice was clear, a smile brimming on each of our faces.

We were going full beach mode.

»»————- ♡ ————-««

Standing in front of the bathroom mirror I inspected my outfit. My hair was pushed gently into a high ponytail, my cheeks painted with blush and my lips tinted pink. I had chosen a cropped sweater dyed black, to match with black shorts, and even though I was no fashion model, I still felt pretty damn cute.

And then there was Sadie.

Just as I emerged from the public bathroom, I saw her standing by the door ready for our date.

Yet again her natural beauty left her looking effortlessly gorgeous, like even trying would send her over the edge to become a goddess.

Her hair was tight, pulled up into a neat ponytail, but still able to poof and explode at the end, framing her face perfectly. She had blushed her dark cheeks just right, beautifully illuminating her complexion, as if her perfect choice of lip colour didn't already do that.

Even her choice of clothing left me speechless, a neon pink tube top coordinating with her skin tone perfectly, black jeans perfecting the look.

"Hey," I smiled at her, bumping her shoulder gently with mine. "You look beautiful."

She blushed and stuck out her arm for me to loop mine through, as we began to walk "So do you, Vie."

For a minute, I almost forgot where we were going, too captivated with the magic of this moment. Thankfully, Sadies curious nature reminded me soon enough.

"So, where are you taking me?" She giggled, bumping into my shoulder innocently.

"You'll see." I hummed, grasping her hand in mine, and pulling her along with me. She let out a high pitched giggle as we dashed around trees and leaped over bushes, the wind blowing all around us.

Finally, after five or so minutes of walking, we stumbled upon the path down to the lake. Trees sheltered the canoe rack we had kissed on a few weeks before when the whole world seemed to come to a stop. That moment we had shared, that whole night really was something I treasured.

So why not try and relive it? I smiled sheepishly at Sadie, pulling two granola bars out of my hoodie and tossing one to her, leaping up onto the canoes the way we had practiced.

Sprint.

Kick.

Pull.

Up.

With a grand gesture I landed myself on top of the canoes, Sadie rolling her eyes and following. She gracefully pulled herself up to sit next to me, peeling a granola bar open with her teeth, as she lay down. I snuggled into her shoulder with a giggle, as she stroked my hair gently.

"This is where we had our first- and unfortunately only kiss," She said, smiling at me. "That was a good night."

"It really was." I nodded, lacing her fingers through mine. "Care to change that first to second?" I giggled into her shoulder, as she swatted my arm playfully.

"Obviously." She said, smiling at me. I shifted my weight to lean over her, my necklace drooping down against her chest.

Wrapping my arm around the back of her neck, our lips met, our hands still intertwined as she smiled into our kiss. She tasted sweet, like candy- and looking back on it, there's nothing I would trade for that moment. That moment of pure bliss, pure love, time frozen once again as we lay intertwined under the stars.

Giggling, she fisted my hair gently, before pulling away, bringing her hand to stroke the side of my face. We didn't say much for the rest of the night- only lay there savoring the moment, savoring the fact that we got to be in love with no disruptions.

And that was a sweet, sweet thing to savor.

"Hey." She muttered, breaking the peaceful silence of the night, her warm breath sending shivers down my spine.

"Hey." I smiled back.

She fiddled with the chain of my necklace, blushing gently under the stars. "I like you."

"I like you too."

She smiled again, closing her eyes gently, and opening her arms to embrace me. I cuddled into her warmth, letting her wrap her arms over my back, burying her nose into my neck.

"Hey, what about early morning rounds? We can't just sleep he-"

She mumbled gently into my neck, sighing. "I don't care anymore Vie. Let's just sleep. Let's just savor this moment without worrying about the consequences for once. Deal?"

I was quiet, glancing up at the stars.

"Deal."

NOTES: Y'all wtf thank you so much ❤️ not only did we get 200 reads in four days, we just got an extra 30 over night omfg thank you SO much you guys

ᴘʟᴜɢꜱ:

𝕋𝕦𝕞𝕓𝕝𝕣: 𝕥𝕠𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕠𝕤-𝕔𝕦𝕡-𝕠𝕗-𝕥𝕖𝕒

ℙ𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕣𝕖𝕤𝕥: 𝕤𝕠𝕡𝕙𝕚𝕔𝕤𝕩𝕒𝕦𝕣𝕒

𝕊𝕡𝕠𝕥𝕚𝕗𝕪: 𝕤𝕠𝕡𝕙𝕚𝕖𝕝𝕜𝕣𝕦𝕖𝕘𝕖𝕣

𝕊𝕟𝕒𝕡𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕥: 𝕖𝕢𝕢.𝕤𝕜

𝕋𝕚𝕜𝕋𝕠𝕜: 𝕤𝕠𝕡𝕙𝕚𝕖𝕖𝕝𝕜