viginti

challenge remains a petty word. 

challenge to me, or to Him?

_

_

_

"because i'm going deeper and deeper,

harder and harder,

getting darker and darker,

looking for love."

lana del rey +++ the blackest day

_

_

_

remodeler's POV

the rain pours hard against the windshield of my car as i drive fast along the highway. i need to get to a park, somewhere, anywhere.

i need to find another project. 

now.

i know exactly where to go, a lowly part of the city that only houses the worst criminals. 

not to say criminals are the only people i take for my projects, but it's a lot less risky to take the scum of new york without worrying about people looking for them. no one cares about the poor gangsters, the sick youth. they think that those who are cursed to the streets are deemed imperfect for good. 

but i know better.

anyone can be fixed with a little medicine. a little remodeling. nothing is completely trashable. 

my car swerves down the road, i'm not perfectly in between the lines, and it is hurting my head. 

(GE*#T OU*$!T OF mE!_)

trembling are my hands on the steering wheel. i see black, see red. i should not have kissed him. should not have. what was i thinking?

but no-

now i see a person. a young man, walking alone on the sidewalk i'm driving by, with not the care in the world that his hoodie is getting drenched by the incessant rain. his clothing is soaked, eyes cast down on his cheap-looking sneakers. he doesn't even move with conviction--he's in no rush to get out of the storm that is pummeling his body.

my stomach churns at the sight--my abdominal muscles pull together in a beautiful clench of delight. i know he's the one, even if he doesn't know it himself.

i slow my van down on the side of the empty curb. lucky for me, this region is in the middle of a worn down industrial district. no one is out at this time, and the dim street lamps give people little to make out of the scene that is about to unfold. 

a scene of borrowing and altering, not stealing and killing, haha!

a scene with a capture of a man, a glorious transfer of stolen merchandise into a van.