10

Hey guys! It's been a while and I'm really sorry for that. I've just been busy with school and now that's finally over... I'm practically free since summer officially starts now for me! Also thanks guys for reading my stories ;-; I didn't think I'd get around 2.3k reads on here?? Thank you so much for that and the kind words! Hopefully you enjoy this chapter!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the whole incident at the Witch Hill, I was immediately taken back to Yokai Academy and landed myself into the infirmary. I could hear the others and even Ruby calling out for me, but I couldn't respond; I was simply too tired to even do anything.

"My dear (Y/N), the time is about to come.."

I hear Wavern say to me as I was still asleep. 'Wait Wavern! What did you do to me yesterday? Did you give me some of the Infinity Core's power? And what do you mean by that? Wavern?' I couldn't talk, but I knew the white wyvern would read my thoughts.

"Yes.. I have given you some of its power.. There will be a time where we will be reunited.."

Before I could think of anything else, I felt myself being awakened. My eyes met with the sun gleaming down at me from outside. I looked around to see myself in one of the nursing beds. I glanced down at my hands, only to see myself wearing a white robe.

'How long was I knocked out for..?'

I had my hands and upper torso swathing in bandages. My eyes were locked at my hands, reminiscing the words that Wavern had told me.

There will be a time where we will be
reunited.

Does this mean that I'll be able to see the Brawlers again? I hope they're doing well against Masquerade..

However, my thoughts were cut short as I heard the door slide open. My eyes locked onto the person and there I see Moka with five familiar people behind her.

"(Y-Y/N)! You're awake!"

The vampire rushed over to squeeze me in her arms. Kurumu, Mizore and Yukari didn't waste any time either and latched onto me as well. "G-Guys.. You're going to kill me..!" I felt them crushing my bones as they continue to hug me.

Tsukune waves at me from the door. "I'm glad you're okay." I giggle before flashing a wink at the human boy, causing him to blush. "Yep! Better than ever!"

On Tsukune's shoulder, I see my partner in his ball form. Leonidas flew towards me and placed himself on my shoulder.

"You idiot! What were you thinking?! You almost died! If you died, I could never forgive you! You're so reckless!" Leonidas rambled on, causing me to let out a chuckle.

In the corner of my eye, I see Ruby keeping her distance. The witch sees my eyes on her, and quickly averts her gaze away from mine. "Hey Ruby..? Are you alright..?" I asked her.

She still avoided my eye contact, but a nod was given as her response. "C-Could you sit next to me...?" The witch obliged and sat next to me, even though there were four girls latched onto me like I was some sort of Teddy Bear.

Ruby took one of my hands and placed them on her cheek. "Thank goodness you're okay.. You've been asleep for a whole week.." My eyes widened at Ruby's sentence.