Chapter - 7: THEIR Story

Swara returned back home at around 4 in afternoon. She was lost in her own thoughts 'Should I talk to him about Kavita? Should I ask him why he agreed for this marriage?' She wanted to clear these doubts with him, but they were never on talking terms with each other so how should she directly broached too personal topic for their discussions. 'Hey Kanhaji, do I really need to discuss this with him? What if it will offend him? I don't want to lose him. I think, I should wait for right time, let's see first what he had to say then I can confirm?'

"Swaraaaaaa" Uttara shouted from back because of which Swara's train of thoughts got sudden halt and she flinched at her place.

"Uttu, you here?" Swara asked her with wide eyes, she was not expecting Uttara to be here at her home.

"Yesssss. Not only me but Badi Ma, Mom and Dadi all are here." Uttara said excitedly, dragging Swara along with her towards family room.

"Yes, let's do the Roka day after tomorrow and on coming Saturday when Sujata and Ram Bhai's anniversary party is there, let's get them engaged." Annapurna said cheerfully taking sip from her tea and continued looking at her MIL "Ma, is it okay?"

"Of course, Anu, this is going to be the first wedding of our family for this young generation. Let's make it big lavish event." Lakshmi said with tears in her eyes and content smile. Her favourite grandson is getting married to the girl they always wished for him.

Swara lowered her head hearing their conversation about her wedding. Her cheeks became cherry red just thinking her marriage with the love of her life. In that moment her mind occupied with all the thoughts about her upcoming blissful life with Sanskar, pushing all her doubts and confusions on the back seat.

"Badi Ma, see who we have here?" Uttara said teasingly hitting Swara's shoulder with her's.

Swara was standing at the entrance of family room with bowed head and flushed face along with Uttara.

"Swara my daughter." Annapurna and Sujata called her name when they looked at the entrance of the family room.

They both ran towards her to take her in bear hug. Annapurna kissed her forehead followed by Sujata.

"Thank you, beta. You don't know how much happiness you have given to all of us." Annapurna said caressing her hairs.

"My Sanskar is lucky to have such as beautiful bride." Sujata teased her wiggling her eyebrows.

Swara closed her eyes tightly, blushing profusely.

"Where is my grand – daughter in law? Looks like she doesn't want to meet me." Lakshmi said from behind with pouty face, she was sitting on the sofa looking at her DILs and future grand DIL with adoration.

"Dadi" Swara said with smile and came near Lakshmi, she tried to bend to take her blessings when Dadi stopped her saying "Now you will take my blessings when Sanskar is beside you. Not now. You both have to take my blessing together." Dadi said giving emphasis on 'Together', which gave flutter to her heart.

Swara lowered her head to hide her blush and shifting her hair strand behind her ears. Dadi pulled her in side hug kissing her chubby cheeks and caressing her hairs.

Swara was sitting beside her future MILs and mother, sipping her coffee with bowed head in shyness listening their talks all surrounded with their wedding rituals.

"Shona go and get freshen up quickly. All are coming for dinner" Reva informed her daughter after some time.

"Hmm all are coming. Bhai is also coming Bhaaabhiii" Uttara said teasingly, which result in the roar of giggle in the family room.