5

This chapter has kind of a lot of cute Hunter moments. I couldn't help myself. He's adorable.

(Lyrica's P.O.V.)

As soon as I reach the Impala, I speed to the Preserve, lazily parking beside Stiles' jeep. I kill the engine and sprint into the woods, following the scents of the teenagers. I pinpoint Stiles and Lydia's scents together, and Isaac's and Allison's. Isaac's scent mixes with blood, but I know he'll be okay so I race towards Scott.

I easily catch up to him because he's unshifted and I've fully given in.

"Scott!" I shout, falling into step beside him, my eyes locking on Malia. "You've got to do it!"

"I can't!"

"Yes you can, Scott! You're scared of the unknown! Well guess what? Fear makes you human! Shift, Scott!"

"I can't, Lyrica!" Scott shouts back and I snap. I race far ahead of him and stop, forcing him to come skidding to a halt. "Lyrica, what are you doing? We can't let Malia get away!"

"She's going to get away anyway. Unless you shift." I growl.

"Lyrica, we can do it without me shifting!"

"No. We can't." I can't help but grin.

"Why are you smiling? This isn't a joke!" Scott's eyes go wide.

Instead of replying, I open my mouth, releasing a roar loud enough to shake the trees. Scott's whole body shakes with the force of it, and he's shifted before he can blink. He looks at me in surprise before running past me, racing after Malia once more. I smirk and race after him, purposefully keeping my distance. He reaches the wreck site long before me, and a shit eating grin adorns my face when a roar sounds, much louder and powerful than mine.

"That's it, Scott." I chuckle and leap over the flipped car. Scott is crouched on the ground, and there's a naked teenager across from him.

"I did it." Scott looks over at me, blinking away his red eyes.

"I knew you could." I smile at him and shrug off my jacket, walking over to a stunned Malia. She flinches when I crouch down, and I give her a reassuring look. "It's okay, Malia."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Time Skip-

"Sissy!" Hunter cheers, bouncing in his seat. "I wanna be Superman!"

"Really? Superman?" Isaac asks from where he's sat across the table from him, eating his bowl of cereal. "Are you sure you don't wanna be someone cooler? I mean, there's Batman and Iron Man and the Flash, and so many others. Thor! Why not be Thor?"

"No! Superman!" Hunter pouts and crosses his arms, stomping a foot on the chair.

"But Superman sucks! I mean seriously! Who the heck is weakened by a rock?" Isaac argues, setting his spoon down.

"Boys, quit arguing." I chuckle, walking in with a glass of juice for Hunter. "And Hunter, butt on the chair. You can be whoever you want for Halloween. We'll go get your costume after school, okay? Now eat your breakfast. Both of you."

"Is Isaac coming?" Hunter asks through a mouthful of food.

"Hunter, mouth closed." I scold my brother. "And yes, Isaac is coming Trick or Treating."

"If I'm coming, so is Stiles." Isaac frowns.

"What a coincidence. He actually is coming. And he's gonna dress up as Batman."