Chapter 24

Kayla drives us to a water theme park, I immediately get excited when I see it, there's so many things to do, so many games to play, so many rides to get on, I'm glad she chose this place, after everything I've been through this is the best place for me to unwind and have fun and the best part of it is that this theme park has an artificial beach.

"so my lady, did I deliver?" Kayla asked while eyeing me before we got off the car

"You certainly did" I beamed

She gave me a warm hug "happy birthday Ava". We got off the car and I saw that she came prepared, she had two sets of bikinis and sandals as well. We proceeded through the entrance where she paid then we went to find a locker to put our bags in.

From there we went through so many rides, some of them were even scary to try but hey. I was there to have fun. It felt really good to spend time with Kayla. Afterwards we went to change into our bikinis, i felt a bit shy about being to exposed in public but when we actually made it to the beach I felt like the most covered up person there. They would release some waves from time to time, it almost felt like a real beach with the sand and all.

We later found a spot to relax on next to the beach as we laid on our towels and soaked in the heat. Can everyday be my birthday.

"don't think we are done, from here we keep on moving my lady" Kayla said

"really, there's more?" I asked excitedly

"yeap, this is going to be the best day of your life. I'll make sure of it"

"you've already made sure of it Kay, I'm very happy"

"well let's relax a bit then go get some lunch, at 4 pm we have to go so you can get home just in time for your cake ritual"

I laughed as she said this "cake ritual, what exactly did my mom say to you?"

"just that you better make it home before midnight for the cake"

"then let's get moving" I said as we got up and went to change, we considered showering but when we got to the changing room they were overcrowded so we simply changed back into our clothes and went to check out.

Luckiky there were food stalls outside so we got some hotdogs, fries and soft drinks to go, we ate in the car and continued with our journey only to found that we were going to another theme park only this time it wasn't a water theme park, it looked a little lime Disneyland.

"by the end of this day I'll be so exhausted to even go to the cake ritual thing" I joked

Kayla and I didn't waste any time. After paying we hopped from ride to ride and before we knew it they were closing up and we had to check out.

"I've never had so much fun" I said as we walked to the car

"me too, I'm glad you had fun. Now let's get you home" she smiled

We drove back and got home at around 8 pm, it was awfully quiet and I know my mom wouldn't go to bed early so I put two and two together and figured this was a suprise but I didn't say anything to Kayla.

She confirmed this when she insisted to walk me in, when we got to the door I reached for the handle and just as it opened the lights went on and everybody there screamed SUPRISE!

Pretending to be suprised is the hardest thing to pull off but I did it quite well. I looked around and there were a few people from school, Zayne and Dylan but my mom wasn't there. I walked in and Zayne handed me a letter

"no cake ritual this year honey. Enjoy your party. RESPONSIBILY!"

I smiled as I read it then I put it away

"ok everybody! The birthday girl is here, lets get this party started" Zayne said, at that moment everyone got busy, some were preparing food, some were taking out the drinks and some were connecting the sound system, it was a real party except my heart was aching. Of all the people that were there, there's one face I was hoping to see and he wasn't there. Maybe he was busy, I tried to shrug it off.

"I'll just go freshen up" I told Kayla and made my way to my bedroom, I got it and switched on my light and nearly got the shock of my life when I found Xander sitting on the table next to the window

"Xander! What the.."

He got up and walked towards me and gave me a hug "I could never be too busy to come see you on your birthday" he said as he kissed my forehead

"how did you know that's what I was thinking"

He only looked at me with a raised eyebrow then I remembered "ohh yea, I forgot"

He gave me another hug and we stayed in that position for a few more minutes as though communicating what we could not say with words, I then pulled away and when he wanted to protest I reminded him that there's a party going on so he excused himself and I took a quick shower and got ready for my party.

A while later everyone was now just sitting outside listening to music, some were drunk and I felt a little tipsy because I had some gin. All in all in turned out to be a great day and I honestly wouldn't want it any other way. My first ever party