Chapter 2

Olivia had grown fond of the sceneries that she viewed while walking home. The town was mostly green, composing of an extensive amount of nature. The sky was usually a sea of grey, and true to its nature, it soon started raining.

Olivia took the umbrella out of her bag and continued walking towards her house, watching the birds seeking shelter from the raindrops and the kids scurrying back to their homes.

Upon reaching the dreary house, Olivia sighed before entering. Her stepmother, Jill, worked for most of the day; however, she was present when Olivia walked in.

"Olivia, honey! Thank God you're here. I have so much work to do. I need to get some documents ready urgently. Will you please make something for me to eat?" She said with a sugary smile plastered on her face.

"Of course," Olivia replied with a sad look upon her face, though it didn't matter to Jill whether Olivia was happy or sad.

Olivia slipped into her daily routine as she cooked, cleaned, and washed dishes, while her stepmother sat on the couch, speaking on the phone.

When she was done with all the housework, Olivia finally sat down to eat, and as she was about to take the first bite of her food, she once again heard Jill call for her. Frustrated, she got up to answer her.

"Olivia dear, I have a client coming in right now. Could you please run down to the store and get me a bottle of wine? The owner knows me. Here's the money. Go on."

Olivia felt like bashing her head with a baseball bat but somehow she refrained herself.

Coming back from the store she went straight upstairs to her room with the plate full of food, cried for 10 minutes, ate, and then completed her homework. Sometimes she yearned for a real family, but they were all dead.

She busied herself by reading 'Wuthering Heights', however, she stopped when she heard Jill and her "client" supposedly "working". The noises invoked horror in her so she left the house and would only return when the unknown man had left.

'I can't wait to turn 18 and leave this godforsaken place!' she thought as she sprinted through the backside of the house, crossing the fences, and into the woods. The rain had stopped, so she walked for a long time to clear her head, but the frustration and her continuous profanities caused her to lose her way.

Remaining calm, she tried to search for the right direction for her house, however, her cool demeanor started to strip away as she felt the presence of another being in her vicinity.

The touch of a hand, a shriek and, everything turns dark.

______________________________________

Don't forget to vote!

Thank you